Power to the People

Power to the People

A Poem by YouoweYoupay
"

Urgent message to all people out there.

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You guys, I know I don't normally talk about politics but what's happening is f*****g unbelievable. Protesters have emerged in clots and undeniable crowds all over the Arabian Peninsuela. And now the country that I have thought as most peaceful locally and globally, Saudi Arabia is planning a crowd of protests through Facebook and it's gonna get ugly.

 

The Arabs are not only demanding the freedom to choose their ruler and rules in their own country but ALSO are demanding the disperssion of Israel so that the Palestian teritorry would become one piece of land. The last time I checked groups concerned with the Israeli-Palestini conflict, there were only like two opposing groups, one named something like: No to Israel, and the other is like: No to Palestine. and each claiming that the other started their groups so this was just a defensive response. Now I enter facebook and there's like TEN f*****g groups demanding the withdrawal of Israel from the Palestini lands. and the total numbers of the participants in all groups has reached around 1570 people!!

 

We Arabs lack order and organization in many aspects of our lives including demanding freedom! I mean in just one month millions and millions got up and marched the streets going like: 'No, we're not happy...' What the f**k..? This is just crazy...And I'm scared as f**k. Of all the things I feared in my life I just never imagined feeling insecure in my own land so soon. I'm scared for our real freedom, I'm scared of Israel's reaction to all of this, I know this country would just run into America's arms crying and yelling something about the Arabs being barbaric and planning to threaten its 'peaceful' tranquil Israeliti...or whatever that is. I'm scared for my family.

 

I'm scared for the good rulers that are going down for the wrong reasons. I'm scared for the remaining security around here...and most of all I'm scared of the Western intervention especially coming from the wise-a*s oil sucking government of the USA, and its following accomplices in Western Europe. Because after Obama's warnings, which was something similar to the Bush-Iraq warning, I just can't shake this feeling that a great tragic war in the name of selfishness and power is going to sweep the Middle Eastern Part of the Earth...

 

God, keep us safe amongst our family and beloved here. Do not let us scatter in panic and walk careful not to step into puddles of war blood. Ameen...

© 2011 YouoweYoupay


Author's Note

YouoweYoupay
Omg...

*Image: Gaza Protest
*by `BenHeine
*Link: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=§ion=&q=protest#/d1t39sa

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

God, keep us safe amongst our family and beloved here. Do not let us scatter in panic and walk careful not to step into puddles of war blood. Ameen...

peace.

Posted 11 Years Ago


this whole mess was all planned......
People in Saudi Arabia are aware enough of this now, so thank god nothing happened.

Bless you!

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's good to read something that to many people in the West will be a complete revelation. Like most political stories there is more than one side. I'm not sure about the portrayal of Israel in the American media but here in the UK much of the emphasis is on how they bully Palestine and steal territory etc. There is no doubt that this is happening but the problem is that both peoples want the same piece of land and although many of the people in the street would be happy to co-exist the childish nonsense spouted by their political and religious leaders means that it can never happen.

Undoubtedly the West has done more than its' fair share of meddling in the region but those days are long gone. Yes, it makes good copy to talk about American and British plots and how everything is about oil but that's not really relevant any longer. The US is absolutely terrified of Islamic fundamentalism, the last thing they'd want is de-stabilisation in the region. From their point of view the current batch of dictators may not be paragons of virtue and democracy but they're predictable: they'll take them over religious brutes any day (remember America inadvertently created the environment that put the bloodthirsty tyrant Ruhollah Khomeini into power in Iran).

This is a well written and passionate piece. I'd love to talk politics one day!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. Reading something from someone who is actually living amongst that...

I'm far from political, and I know next to nothing about any of this, but I do know that America often intrudes where we shouldn't. Don't get me wrong, I love my country, but we're f*****g ourselves up. We don't need to f**k anyone else up too.

I hope your family turned out okay. Thanks for writing something so emtional and informative. Stay hopeful and stay safe.

Posted 13 Years Ago


No matter what force the oppressor uses the peoples desire to be free will always be stronger.
Thank you for sharing.


Posted 13 Years Ago


what would happen if the rule of the world were put in charge of women? This statement is not made derisively or sarcastically. There is just too much testosterone fueling these events...a people should have the right to rule them selves and not have their affairs interfered with, the safety of women and children should be sacrosanct, the virtues of humility and humanity must one day prevail. What will we writers do about it? Is their such a thing as a peaceful revolution? An evolution to a higher state of being for the inhabitants of Earth? I pray for such, but feel we should write for such...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Remain steadfast in the faith.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sometimes us Americans forget just how good we have it. I feel for the people in your country and for your family as well. This is a situation I cannot even imagine, hope all resolves in a peaceful fashion.

Just keep looking at the bright side of things, even though it might seem impossible to find at times. Try to involve yourself in volunteer work or in activities that you feel will help alleviate the situation, and when times get really hard, always remember to write, just like you have today. Writing is the best stress reliever, even if your simply writing for yourself.

Good Luck

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
I hope your family remains safe..I am not going to comment on the political agenda here..but I do hope that something constructive comes from all the turmoil that this region is seeing..thoughts and prayers are with you

Posted 13 Years Ago


I just had goosebumps!

This chaos is all over media. Newspapers, televisions, radio, internet, and I too feels the fear that you feel in your situation right now. We once had a people power long before I was born. But it was far different from yours today.

We may just be ordinary people living in that country, we may not be able to rule our land like the leaders who sits there, looking good, but we have a heart that cares for our Nation. The downfall of our place, is also a downfall of our lives. Greedy leaders always win, why is that? Is it because they say being greedy is being so much in love of yourself that you want to succeed in life in whatever way you see?

I am so much in the contrary! However, war is not the solution to every problem. I could not blame the people for standing to what they truly believe in, but I guess they too have to think about the consequences their decisions will bring. This isn't for them alone, but also for their family, for their children, and for their children children.

I hope that chaos would soon turn to peace. Let's cross our fingers to that.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

837 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 6, 2011
Last Updated on March 6, 2011
Tags: war, peace, news, fear, hate, love, religion, politics

Author

YouoweYoupay
YouoweYoupay

Amman, ..., Jordan



About
"The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms." ~Muriel Rukeyser "There is no one more rebellious or attractive than a person lost in a book." “He allowed himself to be swayed by his con.. more..

Writing
Garden Garden

A Poem by YouoweYoupay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..