Scars remain part 1...

Scars remain part 1...

A Story by Wesley Mahne
"

Family stricken by the most terrible tragedy imaginable. How will they survive and make it through this or will they?

"
Scars Remain... It's just the beginning
With a loud sound ringing through the house he suddenly wakes and jumps to his feet. Struggling to grasp what had happened. He knows the sound came from inside their house but what could it be. 
"My children!" He cried loudly and rushed out the door
A few seconds later Tammy who was still lying in bed to terrified to move suddenly heard a shriek that sounded like her husband Thomas. "Thomas!" she yelled down the hall seeing only the light from her son's bedroom.
She started to tremble and walk out the door of their bedroom and slowly down the hall and what she saw when she entered the bedroom of her eldest son was the sight that would change their livers forever. 
Her son was lying dead in the arms of her husband, shot by someone but no-one knows who. She fell to her knees next to Thomas and her son Billy just sobbing deeply. Suddenly she though but what of Jim, her youngest son, where is he, he surely would have rushed in after hearing the loud sound of the gunshot...
The sirens and lights flooded the streets. All the neighbors could see was Tammy and Thomas sitting on the sidewalk barely able to even touch one another.
"Sorry Mr. Hall can may I ask you a few questions?" Thomas heard a voice asking from above him.
He looked up with his tear filled eyes and answered with a nod.
The police officer asked him questions and he answered the best that he could until a question that he never thought of came up "Is this your only child or do you have another child". Startled by the question and also the thought that he had not seen their other son Jim for the whole night. He jumped up and ran towards the house past all the police officers and medics and any other person at the scene of the crime to the bedroom of little Jim. Jim wasn't there....
****
The Funeral...

It was the most beautiful sunny day. The grass was the brightest green, flowers of many colours could be seen all around but in the middle of all this beauty was the sadest sight.
Tammy sitting besides her best friend Barbara and her daughter Jane.
Thomas could not be seen among the people...

Thomas could face to say goodbye to Billy just yet. He could not forgive himself because of what happened. He lost both hls sons and it was all his fault he felt. 

Barbara put her arms around Tammy holding het tight.
Tammy couldn't even look up, her deep sobs could be heard for miles it seems. Tammy was a beautiful women, Light red gleam in her rich auburn hair but today she looked old, older that Barbara that could easily be as little as 10 years older than she is. 

****

Verdict...

"All rise for Judge Peter Madsen"
"You may now be seated"

The courtroom was silent as the death, the atmosphere as dready as a funeral.
But only until the roaring sound of the judges voice asked "Have the jury reached their verdict?"
A man stood up that looks like he lives for his days of jury duty and answered "Yes you honor" and hands a piece of paper to the bailiff who took the paper to the judge.
"Mr Daniels what is the Jury's verdict?" Asked the judge.
"We find Mr Jim Hall guilty on charges of Voluntary Man Slaughter murder of one Mr Billy Hall on May 12th"

Deep sobs from Tammy Hall could be heard throughout the courtroom as the judge called everyone to order.
"The Jury may now be excussed" Said the Judge quite calmly and glared over to Jim standing there not even looking frightened after what had just been said.
"A prison sentence is required for up to 6 years in a Maximum security Juvenile detention centre followed by a 5 - 10 year mandatory sentence in a Maximum security prison. The family will have 10 minutes to say goodbye to Mr Hall and the Officer Leary will escort him to the holding cells where Mr Hall will await his escourted to Pendleton Juvenile Correctional Facility? in Indiana for the the first part of his mandatory sentence. This court is now adjourned" Said the Judge.
Tammy Hall gave a loud sorrowfull sob....  

© 2017 Wesley Mahne


Author's Note

Wesley Mahne
Still in very early stages. I have been thinking of this idea for years now but only now have the guts to write it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on September 18, 2017
Last Updated on September 18, 2017
Tags: Murder, Death, Trauma

Author

Wesley Mahne
Wesley Mahne

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa



About
I don't know much about writing properly but I am very passionate about it. more..

Writing
Who? Who?

A Story by Wesley Mahne