When Two Worlds Met

When Two Worlds Met

A Story by Westington
"

A story of two very different worlds coming together.

"

Island


Many years ago there was an island. There lived a tribe, a small society of caucasian people. They were no higher than 5 feet 4 inches and would be considered a little peculiar when compared to a civilised person. These tribespeople were completely isolated from society. They knew no religion, had no moral code, had no manners �" put simply they lived in a complete and utter state of freedom. These men and women did whatever they wanted to whenever they wanted to. They had their own language, one that didn't have a complex grammar or many tenses. As a matter of fact, the tribespeople had only one tense �" the present tense, the only one that matters. They truly lived for the present and present only.

On the other side of the world there lived a boy. His name was Jerry. He came from an upper-class family in London. He'd been taught how to behave since he was born. Every little misbehaviour would have been corrected. His parents were your typical arrogant family. They held the utmost contempt for those who worked for their living. Jerry never really got to know his parents. He had a chaffeur, a nanny and a cook. The young boy went to a joyless boarding school.

You're probably asking yourselves by now �" how are these two different things related? Well, you're about to find out but first a few facts:

- The tribe that lived on the island was called Adegonia.

- Jerry's parents felt guilty about neglecting their son.

- Guilty parents like to buy off their kids.

And so the guilty parents booked a cruise trip for their son. Jerry had lived in a circus his entire life, in the core of our society's fakeness. As you've probably guessed by now the ship started sinking. The captain �" a man in his 50s with ascetic facial features, got a heart attack. It was unknown how many people had survived. The boy went to the island in the most stereotypical way possible �" he was flushed to the shore.

It's really interesting how people react to these kinds of situations. The small teenage hairs on Jerry's arms straightened as his pupils widened. He was, at first, extremely frightened in the most extreme versions of fear imaginable. There had been thousands of thoughts going through his mind at that very moment but only one really stood out. He started sweating as the thought 'Have I been relieved?' crossed his consciousness.

The questioning of his entire existence immediately faded as Jerry saw the incoming tribesmen. The tribespeople were hedonists in their very souls. The shorter man, named Wasaka, looked incredibly warm and welcoming. The monster looking muscular guy next to him was called Nakasimo, literal transation �" god of laughter. Jerry quickly jumped back as he saw them and got on his feet. If the word 'afraid' was a person, it would be him at that moment.

Darkness, hints of light, chaos of the mind. Peculiar sounds heard from behind. Things unseen and unheard. A big fat evil monster approached as Jerry stared into it's eyes. He was a baby and the monster stole him from the crib. Jerry turned into a toddler as the monster fed him, the monster nursed him. He turned into a young boy and it kept being there, with him, raising him. It had grown attached to Jerry and Jerry had grown attached to it. He turned into a teenager, the monster let go, and it cried. It cried and ripped a small piece off it's soul �" it left the piece right there, inside him. And so the monster went away, forever.

The young lad fell on the floor and half opened his eyes as the effect of the peyote wore off. 'Nothing is real' Jerry thought. The tribespeople helped him stand up. Jerry was still quite shocked as he was helped to sit down on a small chair resembling structure with a peculiar look that everyone seemed to sit on. There was of course the problem of the language. They communicated with each other by pointing at different things.

This was, of course, a clash of two very different worlds. The rest of the events in our journey will be told in years, each having it's own story to tell. It is indeed odd how everything has a story to tell, no matter how small or big it is. Every single thing out there. And here is our chunk of stories, a chunk of something bigger than anything the human mind could comprehend.


Year 1


Jerry was succesfully taught their language �" a language that had no more than one thousand and fifty hundred words and some very basic grammar. The kind that a man could learn for a few months with barely any effort. He spent the rest of the year learning about their culture.


Year 2


Jerry got the bizzare idea that the Adegonians were mere savages. Like a proper Western man he got the ambition to change them. The idea that people have �" that their point is the most correct one of all points. He started the whole thing by teaching them the basics of the civilised world. I wish I could tell you that they all changed and the life on the island turned into a small paradise of bourgeoisie, I do wish. He was laughed off and quickly forced back on their track. You see, in every place on earth, everywhere we go �" the majority is what's regarded as normal. In their case they were that majority. He had been normal for the civilised world but for them he was the strangest of all creatures.


Year 3


Jerry spent the third year in a raging existential crisis. He got depressed and lonely as any minority does. More could be said about his feelings during that time but we won't go into that. What has to be felt cannot be expressed with words.


Year 15


Many years had already passed. Jerry found a wife for himself and she gave birth to 6 beautiful children. He was truly in his own happy place, or so he thought. I could tell you that his story ended happily but that would really be a lie. He never really belonged in the land of the free. The young adult was a creature of restraint, he was not meant to be in there. What's in us, is in us. Jerry just sat there on the beach, gazing at the endless sky. Lots of thoughts crossed his mind. He thought 'Do we really need anything?' and laid back on the beach as the sun playfully heated his face. And he stayed there, forever.

© 2015 Westington


Author's Note

Westington
The story itself is not to be taken literally.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on June 9, 2015
Last Updated on June 9, 2015
Tags: island, worlds, when, met, tribe, fiction, story, different, together

Author