Memories of The Wind

Memories of The Wind

A Story by Ada

Flowers fall around me in a daze of a daydream in the middle of a subway. The colors were vastly superior to the dull hues of grey lining the transportation. It was much better when you were here with me and the air wasn’t so cynical. The smell of roses and lilac keep me close to the missing moments with you. I’d rather be riding a horse through uncharted mountains and staring at a blue sky, I didn’t want to only dream of the sanctuary I needed. The busy city was choking with pollution and people who would never be close to me like you.


We were headed to a doom of fate and maybe my salvation from the sadness that seemed to be taking over me since you had left. The subways lights flickered harshly and cries were heard from small children. All I could see was you walking toward me in warm grass that was surrounded by the sun.


I thought of my small face cupped in your giant hands, the love I felt in the current of our touch. I always followed you like a small child, needing and longing for you every day. It was a bad habit that left me so, so alone now. Tears ran down my cheeks because in the last moments, it was still you even if I was a distant stranger now.


I stand from my seat and grab onto a subway poll, everyone was running and screaming now. I could only hang to the poll as the subway rattled irrationally with all our bodies inside it. I stared into the crowd my eyes locked into a blur of their desperation to live. I was so afraid...but it wasn’t dying that I was afraid of. It was loving you, it was thinking of you never knowing that my eyes were looking for you as I was losing my life. That you meant so much that my heart beated for you until the last time it would.


It was so sad, thinking that you didn’t think of me too. That’d you’d have no idea that I would die in this very moment, and in this very moment you were all I could seem to see.

© 2016 Ada


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on August 21, 2016
Last Updated on August 21, 2016
Tags: love, death, longing, thoughts, heartbreak

Author

Ada
Ada

About
My visions of my future were vast and unconnecting under black dazed nights. On my walls were memories of future events I had yet to come and they looked like the northern lights. Even as I hugged a r.. more..

Writing