Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Dust and Rain

Dust and Rain

A Story by WhatCanISay
"

"If the two halves of my heart make mud, what does that say about me?"

"

Dust and rain are actually pretty similar. They both coat everything and get everywhere. When I walk around in the rain it gets in my socks and catches on my lashes. When I walk through the desert the dust wraps around my teeth and covers my eyes. I buried my hands in my pockets of an old gray jacket as I walked. The pockets were larger than normal, they could fit two hands in each if the person next to me was cold. I wore the jacket in the hot nights of the desert as well. It was my love, my fear, my comfort. Although I only had one set of hands to protect this time. It’s the blue sky that reaches the ends of my vision without a thought of a cloud to break it.  Or maybe it’s the rolling gray puffs that extend forever in either direction. The roads are so flat that if you look in the distance they become mini mirages in the distance. But the roads curve too much, every second is a new discovery. Everything is interesting, or everything is beautiful. If the two halves of my heart combine to make mud, what does that say about me?  

© 2017 WhatCanISay


Author's Note

WhatCanISay
say whatever it is that you were thinking, I suppose.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on November 19, 2017
Last Updated on November 19, 2017
Tags: #dust #rain

Author

WhatCanISay
WhatCanISay

Seattle, WA



About
Just here for an outlet to post my writing. Anon on purpose. more..

Writing
Paradox Paradox

A Story by WhatCanISay


1 1

A Chapter by WhatCanISay


2 2

A Chapter by WhatCanISay