Who Knows [part one]

Who Knows [part one]

A Story by Whisper-Circle
"

But who knows, maybe one day we'll be perfect for each other.

"
The diner was small and we were both alone. I sat in a booth and he sat at a table. I glanced at him several times. Making sure it was him and seeing if a woman would join him. No one came. I take another bite of pancakes and fight the urge to look at him again. I still wasn’t sure if he was the person I knew before. He seemed more serious than the boy I knew that would smile for nothing. He wore glasses, where the boy I knew had worn his rarely. He had facial hair, where the boy I knew had peach fuzz. I wanted to say his name, but my mouth was afraid. 
I fight against my better judgment and I look at him again. He’s looking back. We sit there a moment as if we’re trying to remember and then he smiles. That smile. It’s him. 
He says my name and I flutter a bit like we’re back in high school. I smile and say hello to him by name. I honestly never thought I’d see someone I admired so much again. Seven years since high school. Three years since I stopped going to the reunions. It’s amazing that we’re just seeing each other after being in the same state for two of years. He picks up his coffee and comes to my booth. I immediately get tense then force myself to relax.
He says he missed me and asks where I’ve been. I tell him I’ve been busy and couldn’t get out to the other side of the country as often as I would like to. He says he can relate. We smile at each other again and something feels different. 
****
Nine months later. 
I wake up and he’s already awake sitting at the desk typing. 
“Hey, that’s my job.” I start to sit up in the bed. He turns and smiles back at me. 
“I’m just sending an email. Its 6:38, don’t you have to be to work in an hour?”
I jump up. 
“Oh s**t, how’d I oversleep? I set three alarms.”
“We must've slept through them.” He grins. I try to hold back a smile but fail.
At that moment a loud blaring alarm beings to arise from my phone. I stare blankly at it for a moment before turning the alarm off.  I strip as I walk to the shower disregarding his presence.  He says something under his breath I don’t hear, but is vaguely positive. I’ve never exactly let him see me naked, at least not in the day time.
In the shower I think about the night before. We’d gone out with some of his friends from college to a bar. All I remember is watching a basketball game and there were free shots every time the Lakers scored. At the end of the game the score was 112 - 80 Lakers. When we got home isn’t a complete blur but judging from my soreness we had a good time. 
I get out of the shower and continue getting ready in the bathroom, putting on lotion then my underwear and I brush my teeth. He’s started playing music and it smells as if he just lit candles. I go back into his room and take out a skirt and dress shirt from my drawer. He’s finished his email and is lying on the bed with his eyes closed. He’s in a T-shirt and dress pants. I notice that my shirt isn’t clean. He’s always forgetting to do the laundry. There’s another shirt peeking out of his closet, I look back at him. His eyes are still closed so I take off my skirt and put on my heels from last night. I go to the closet and put on the shirt. 
“Babe.” I button the shirt as I walk to his side of the bed. 
“Yeah?” His eyes remain closed as I get on the bed and straddle him. 
“You forgot to do laundry.” His hands start to graze my legs. 
“I’m sorry; I’ve been busy with work.” 
“Oh that’s okay,” I say, his hands start to reach up my thighs. “So you won’t mind if I wear yours right?”
He opens his eyes and sits up.
“I’m wearing that today.” He starts unbuttoning it. 
“You have other shirts.” He stops unbuttoning right as my bra is exposed. He looks up at me and bites his lip. “Besides I look so cute in it.” I push up my breasts and begin to button the shirt back up but he puts his hands over mine. 
“You’re gonna stop trying to seduce me every time you want something.” He starts unbuttoning the shirt again. 
“There’s a yellow one in the closet you can wear.” He takes the shirt off my shoulders and looks at my breasts a moment before looking up. He bites his lip again. 
“You’re gonna be late for work.” He starts to lift me up and I move off the bed and to the closet where I retrieve the yellow shirt and put it on along with my skirt. He wins this round.

© 2013 Whisper-Circle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on January 27, 2013
Last Updated on January 27, 2013