The Time Jumper

The Time Jumper

A Story by Jakl and Hyde
"

A man randomly goes to different periods in history. He doesn't know why this mysteriously happens to him one cloudy morning in Los Angeles.

"

The Time Jumper

Chapter 1

It was a cold and dark morning in Los Angeles. The clouds shrouded the sun hiding the light that we usually are greeted by.  When I looked out the window, no one was there. The whole city was deserted. No honking horns no cars driving. The only cars that were around were parked. It was the strangest thing, but at the time I didn’t think anything of it. Nothing was out of place, but everything was still. I went downstairs and got out a pan to cook some eggs. After I ate, I turned on the T.V. It was all static. I looked at my cell phone and house phones and they didn’t work. The same message every time. I started to panic. All of these signs pointing to something wrong. I suddenly can’t think the worry pouring in me like water from a faucet. I don’t know what to do, I don’t know how to fix this problem. I drowning on the inside. Then as quickly as it started: it stopped. I was on the floor with milk spilled everywhere. I got up exhausted and sat on the couch. I passed out right there. I woke up and it was 3:30. I was expecting the same, but I was surprised when everything sounded normal. The honking horns the people walking on the sidewalks. I don’t know what happened to me. I feel queasy right now, but I need to get up. I looked outside and every car was hovering in the air. I didn’t know what was happening to me or where I was. I was going crazy, and most of all I was terrified. I started feeling queasy again. I didn’t know where I would end up next. I fell to the floor hitting my head in the process. I saw blood on my arm from where it hit the edge of the table. I woke up in an unfamiliar place, not my home or Los Angeles. I hoped that I wasn’t stuck in this strange place. I closed my eyes then opened them. I was still here so I decided to get up. I looked around and there were no cars. There were people riding in carriages with horses up front walking forward along the river. I wondered if I had gone back in time or if I was dreaming. Stuck here. For who knows how long. It could be 2 minutes or 5 years that I’m stuck here. I wish I was at my house and not in the past. I didn’t want this, I didn’t ask for this! The feeling comes back almost normal to me now. I open my eyes and I am back at my house. Milk still on the floor. I climb up to my chair and sit. I think about what just happened. I think I can travel through time.


Chapter 2

I felt so tired after all of this. I need to sleep but I can’t. I’m paranoid that this will happen in my sleep and something will happen to me. So I decide to eat some cereal. I can’t get any work done. I need rest to function, but it’s not coming to me. Insomnia is the cold water not allowing you to sleep, I hate it. Traveling through time like a madman really drains you. I wish I could tell someone. They would probably think I was crazy though. I sat on my couch through the night, eyes wide open with nothing to do. All I hoped was that I didn’t get that feeling again. Sleep evaded me the rest of the night. The hours went by slowly, 1:00, 1:01, 1:02, 1:03, it went on like this for the whole night. My life a wreck now I decided to turn on the T.V. It worked this time. I turned on the last race of the IndyCar season. I dozed off after that. I don’t know how long it was but wasn’t long enough for me. I was still exhausted. I realized that I wasn’t at my house. I thought  It happened again, where am I? I figured I was still in my home but in the future. I walked outside to the bustling city that I’m used to but everything else is different. I continued walking for 30 minutes. I went to a restaurant that I didn’t recognize. I looked at the menu and ordered some pancakes. Then the feeling came over me again like a rain poncho. I blacked out. In my home, but it didn’t have my T.V or my kitchen, or anything else for that matter. I was scared, anyone could be here I could be injured or worse: killed. I heard footsteps coming down the steps. I found a place to hide. I was under the couch. Whoever it was lit the fireplace. The room was brighter now. I wasn’t as concealed as I thought I was. The footsteps sounded farther away now.


© 2017 Jakl and Hyde


FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars

Author's Note

Jakl and Hyde
Work in Progress, but feel free to criticize. I started this a few days ago.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the idea but you have the same issue I had. For a great few tips go to my writing titled The Rekindling and read the review left by JayG. It helped me a lot and I hope it helps you too.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jakl and Hyde

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the help
The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

It is my pleasure friend keep writing.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 25, 2017
Last Updated on September 25, 2017

Author

Jakl and Hyde
Jakl and Hyde

Hamilton, OH



About
I love to write and draw. I also like to play video games. I love racing as well. I write about things that I like and sometimes about things that pop into my mind. You don't have to like me. All I as.. more..

Writing
Unknown Unknown

A Story by Jakl and Hyde