Star Crossed Lovers

Star Crossed Lovers

A Story by Bernadette
"

This is one of my midnight ramblings. I wrote it late at night and it's something that I have been contemplating for some time.

"

I feel like star crossed lovers are overused to the point where the tragedy of what could be considered star crossed love is no longer pitied, but rather, scoffed at.

As a mere 18 year old I’ve witnessed more tragic love than the common man, or maybe not. I would like to give myself some credit. As I dwell upon it, though, it pains me. I might not necessarily believe in soul mates, but the idea of not being able to be with the one you love seems horrid.

No, it’s not just some petty, unimportant, trivial matter than can easily be dealt with. When it comes to star crossed love there will always be pain. Gut wrenching, heart breaking pain. That’s part of the recipe for tragic love. Hence the tragic aspect.

It may just be the ramblings of a naive dreamer, but isn’t it what we all want? We desire someone. It's our soul mate at the wrong time, and place. The "if onlys" that race through your veins like a wildfire, started by a simple image of the other person.

But that person can never be yours.

Or so it seems. That person can be yours, but at a cost. That cost is great though. It’s usually someone’s love, someone’s heart. Someone will be broken. And the thing about star crossed lovers is that they are willing to break their own heart before they break someone else’s.

They will suffer the pain in silence because no one will understand, and that’s not teenage angst speaking. As mentioned before, star crossed love is ridiculous to people. It’s incomprehensible.

This person will bear the brunt of the force, the hurricane of emotions slicing through every atom of their being, and embracing the agony like an old friend.

Just because of the simple wrong time, wrong place.

I don’t know. To me that’s beautiful in its own sick, twisted way. To have a love that is, but could never be is a beautiful tragedy.

© 2014 Bernadette


Author's Note

Bernadette
Ignore grammar, I don't know what else to add.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on July 3, 2014
Last Updated on July 3, 2014
Tags: love, lovers, starcrossed, starcrossedlovers, rambling, midnight, late, writing, thoughts, feelings, emotion, language, pain, heartbreak, sad, depression

Author

Bernadette
Bernadette

About
I can't promise that I am an amazing writer, nor can I promise that you will enjoy what I write, but I my aim is not to please you. I write what my soul sings, desires, craves. The words that I writ.. more..