The Corrupted Government

The Corrupted Government

A Poem by WildOarKid

There was this being that once ruled this land and his name was one of many. He created the ewarth and the things we see, He gave us food and water in plenty. And one day this being made man in His image, not knowing the BIG MISTAKE...because the image He made would one day soon prove that the earth was his to take.

And then this great being made woman, a strong and graceful one. But little did He know that this seductive creature would be the reason for all the troubles that had begun. Adam and Eve were their names, a quaint and lovely pair. But with all their strength and power of free will they had no choice but to fall into that evil snare. And from that day forth, the world was doomed to what would come crashing ahead. And only one was to blame for their lives being lived in dread.

Power was given to the wrong man, and now this world is over, for the love money and all this of fine value, men kill for the love of power. Power was given to the wrong institution, a "government" is what they're called. They claim to be for the people's interest, but the power is why they're involved. "Of the People, By the People, For the People" are words proclaimed for all to hear. But those words have have no significant meaning, they're intentions are far from clear.

Because the average citizen has no power, no choice, no voice, when its convenient their opinions are quickly thrown out. They want you to think that your words are valid, but your votes don't ever amount. The government lies, steals and murders, for what will line their pockets, they will sweet talk their way into your hearts as long as the votes shoot up like rockets.

They don't care who they hurt, or what people tend to suffer, as long as the money comes in. They will steal from the poor and give to the rich no matter what state they're in.

So the key word here is power, that only the rich can obtain. So with being rich come many benefits that only the rich can gain. This economic system is falling into the most dangerous hands. As long as we elect power thirsty, money hungry politicians, this world will rapidly decompose, until there's nothing left but a forgotten wasteland.

© 2008 WildOarKid


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on December 16, 2008

Author

WildOarKid
WildOarKid

Sacramento, CA



Writing
Knowledge Knowledge

A Poem by WildOarKid


My Sister My Sister

A Poem by WildOarKid


FREEDOM FREEDOM

A Poem by WildOarKid