First Pumpkin in Lifetime Smashed

First Pumpkin in Lifetime Smashed

A Poem by WildeWhore
"

written almost automatically from experience. :) got it published in the local paper, though they completely spliced the line-order and spacing, which prompted me to condense it into a prose poem (which I think works better anyway).

"

It's early November, and Jackie Lantern has lost her touch. Sagged open, candles pooled red in the soup of her rotting throat. Puffy eyes mottled in gray, teeth sunken to a collapsed grin...

She toppled over the porch rail and burst with a meaty crack on the stones. Orange wedges wrenched in all directions, that cocktease hollowed smile... Empty cat-eyes flashing, we carved her up for her big date, stood back while she laughed glittering all night long...

She's been passed out on our counter for days now, staring at the window. It was the first idea I'd had all week – immediately, I scrambled up from the couch, seized our pumpkin by the cheeks and heaved her over on her way... Stole the light from her eyes and ran through the rest of the day grinning.

 

© 2009 WildeWhore


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

hehe I love this! awesome job!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 12, 2009
Last Updated on September 13, 2009

Author

WildeWhore
WildeWhore

VT



About
I am 16 as of now... so, there's really not much of a biography to my life so far. I have my own opinions, always under influence of my favorite people (there are too many to list, ranging from emmine.. more..

Writing
Lucy Lucy

A Story by WildeWhore