Time's Expansion and Nothingness

Time's Expansion and Nothingness

A Story by Willie
"

My philosophy on the idea of creativity.

"

Every single day seems to pull flowered thoughts and dreams further into the abyss that is nothingness. Unfortunately there is no reversing this process and once-blooming ideas are forever doomed to wither. This cycle, unending, and ever so curious, builds and destructs only to be built up again just as a civilization constantly at war would. It is within this cycle that we are given brief opportunities to grasp at whatever higher consciousness there may be. If we open our hands to find an idea, whether miniscule or mammoth, it does not matter as long as we work to share our innovations with those around us like the sun constantly providing the unrequited light which life thrives off of. This creativity points us forward, builds a ladder one rung at a time and ultimately decides how far it is willing to allow us to climb in any one direction. Eventually this creative force takes hold and permits a ladder to the outer limits, only then are we given a choice: climb to our dreams or recede into a shell of memories; both ultimately accumulating to nothing. However, as futile as our tiny attempts to reach for the stars seem, they do accumulate and eventually amount.
 

© 2009 Willie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautifully written! I love the imagery and I second Aveira's statement- it's really cool to see what other writers think about creativity. This is awesome, great work! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very deep, I really like the visual effect too. Pretty nifty, if I do say so myself (which I did xD) Nice work, it's always cool to see what other writers think of creativity and inspiration. Good work :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 1, 2009

Author

Willie
Willie

Peachtree City, GA



About
I was born in New Mexico. Ha. I am very big on challenging my cognitive abilities and find the best way to do that is by writing. Most of my writings are written on a whim but sometimes they have ve.. more..

Writing
Backyard Backyard

A Poem by Willie