It Just Can't

It Just Can't

A Story by Bill R.
"

My observations and opinion.

"

The world the children of today are growing up in, is hard. Although they have alot more technology and material things these days, they are still never happy because, it seems, they are all missing out on the love, the freedom, and even the fun we used to have only a few short decades ago. Now there are too many rules, regulations, restrictions, and laws to abide by these days. Too many hateful and thin-skinned people. Everything is an insult and too many people easily offended over the slightest thing. Seems like way too many hate groups in this seemingly sad and love-less world.

My god you can't even go anywhere these days without someone saying or doing something against old people, gay people, young people, ethnic groups, religious groups, or anybody for that matter. We’ve all become victims of some and persecutors to others. Even love has become an issue. You can’t love who you choose. You can only love someone if it’s socially acceptable or politically correct. Our young people feel it the worst. Some are bullied to the point of suicide and it seems like no one gives a damn to change it and sadly in some places, it’s even encouraged.

The world of today has become a hurtful world and no one seems to care as long as they’re not the ones being hurt. We hear a lot about “family values,” but when was “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you,” removed from lessons on common decency and simple respect? Families can connect with anyone in the world today, but can’t even talk to each other about even the most basic things.

Children are taught to hate instead of simple acceptance like, “live and let live.” Parents are leaving a legacy of their own shame, frustrations, and hatreds on the very young people who someday could make it all better.

This country was built on freedom, fairness, and acceptance; yet somehow everybody forgot. We used to pride ourselves as the shining example in the world of how people should act and treat one another, but now we are no different than the worst the world has ever experienced in the past. We continue to fail ourselves, our children, and our world. The world use to look to us, now it seems they can’t stand the sight of us, and it also seems like we can’t even stand the sight of each other anymore. Where did it all go so terribly wrong?

The world today is very hard, but no one wants to change it. No one cares anymore. They all want what they want and it just doesn’t matter anymore what anyone else says or thinks. We created it, we made it this way, and I hope I live long enough to see it change. I know things will never be the way they were, but for God’s sake it has to get better than the way it is now. Hopefully people, not only in our country, but in this world, at some point will finally stand up and say, “enough is enough.” Governments can’t change people, only people can change people and it just can’t go on like this anymore, it just can’t.

© 2012 Bill R.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on August 13, 2012
Last Updated on August 13, 2012

Author

Bill R.
Bill R.

Las Vegas, NV



About
I'm a Writer and an Artist. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada and I work a full time job on top of all the other things I have going on in my life. I love my life, I love Las Vegas, and my Passion is my wri.. more..

Writing