Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Stolen Identity?

Stolen Identity?

A Poem by Windsong
"

This is just to vent my frustrations mostly...It's very choppy.

"
"Hey twin"
Once again they say
I'd have lost my identity
If I'd had one to lose.

The world frustrates me
With how it doesn't care
Who I am
What I like
And even if I'm there.

Why can't you try
To see who I am?
It's because your vision's clouded with her shadow
And you can't see past it
To find me.

I'm just "that smart twin"
Or so the world claims
And to it I'm just not here
I don't exist
And never will.

This challenge I will rise and meet
I deserve my own identity
And if you refuse to try and see past her
Then you'll never see the light
From my personality.


-----------------------------

Being an identical twin, my sister and I have always lived in each other's shadows. To the world, we aren't two seperate beings, but rather "the twins". It's not my sister's fault, but the world's. Why does the world assume that because we're similar on the outside that we're identical on the inside??!!! We're NOT!!!!!!!!!!! To those friends who have taken the time to learn us both as individuals, and not as a pair, I thank you. You know that our personalities are as different as the moon is to the sun.

Once friend wrote me:

"As I look through the shadows
To a light that blinds
Yes I see that you are truths,
But of very different Kinds." ~Lizzie


I do believe that friends like this one are what keep me going. I couldn't live without my sister though. She and I understand each other because we've had a lot of the same experiences. Just like a best friend. No, we can't read each other's minds, but we are like best friends in their ability to talk without words. We share the bond of love, not telepathy, and that bond doesn't make us one person.

"Look! Those twins
Both of them are genius!
But you don't take the time
To differentiate between us"~Lizzie


Thanks to all the people who understand I'm my own person.

I just wish the world could be a little less indifferent.
 

© 2008 Windsong


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

great job! i enjoyed reading this piece. It must be really hard to have a twin and always be in each others shadow, having people think that you are the same when in fact you are different. It is great that you and your sister have this wonderful bond though, i am glad that you wrote this piece!
laceyjane

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Thanks for the picture of "twinville" from a different angle. Mostly the focus is on how similiar you might be, not the differences that lie withing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


you're definitely an individual and one with a lot of insight at such a young age still! as to the world... lol good luck there! great write hon!

Faerie Blessings!

--faerie whisper (breaking the silence...)

Posted 15 Years Ago


When I started reading I thought you were talking to the world and not seeing the true you. My response to that was, no one can see the real you only have that privilage.

I don't know any twins as an adult, I did know afew growing up. As an adult I did have a friend who had a set of twins, observing them I saw different personalities. There is a curiosity with twins if you don't know them and sterotyping is just a part of life.

I would just suggest, continue to be you and don't sweat what others think.

Now your writing skills are very good. You write clearly and your message is loud and heard, by me at least and I'm sure all those who read this work of yours willhear you too.

good write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

great job! i enjoyed reading this piece. It must be really hard to have a twin and always be in each others shadow, having people think that you are the same when in fact you are different. It is great that you and your sister have this wonderful bond though, i am glad that you wrote this piece!
laceyjane

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 23, 2008

Author

Windsong
Windsong

About
What if everthing we have ever known---our whole existance in itself---was only a complicated illusion? What if everything we see, hear, and know are all lies?? What if the news and television were .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..