Leaving

Leaving

A Poem by Windy
"

A fearful and confusing time for me.

"

Moving day is quickly approaching

I don't want to go, I feel like I am choking

Leaving the "kids" and grandkids behind

It's not my thing, I'm not that kind

To be back with my husband my heart longs

Yet how to explain it's here I'm at home, It's here I belong

There is no easy answer, only time will show

If I pack up and leave, or I just don't go

Why did he have to take a new job

Why did he have to move so far off

I wish he had stayed no matter the cost

For leaving my home I will surely be lost

My life is not over there are far worse things with to contend

I'm just not ready for this phase of my life to be at an end

My palms are sweaty my heart beats faster

As he calls yet again to see what's the matter

How do I tell the man I adore, the man I'd give my very life for

I've chosen my family over him, Won't he just come home again

6-4-08 Windy

© 2008 Windy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hello, now, you must turn the negative into a positive! Think of all the new adventures that await you! New friends! New places to see! New restaurants! New parks! New, new, new! How exciting! Think of the letters you can write to your family! And about all the things, all the new things, that you will have to write about! You can make them so jealous with all your news, that they will want to come and visit you! You will have a new home to decorate, rearrange, and make your own with your own special touches! How exciting! I'm so excited for you!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
emz
This really pulled at my heartstrings.. i could totally relate to it having been in that situation myself.... lovely but sad poem.

x

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

How sad that one must choose. You filled your poem with raw emotions, every word spoke volumes. I enjoyed the read... sad all your going through. Your in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you all the best.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very good. I hope it works out..

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Really like the idea you are presenting in the poem. I like how your write about real life using just the most simple of words you are able to present an idea easily so that everyone can relate to it in some way or other. Nicely done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This happened to my family when I was young. My step father got a job in another state, and left. It was needed for him, it was his first shot, at calling the shots. My mother, like you, resisted, and said, "Okay kids (seven children!) we're on our own, we'll just have to stick together, and make it all work out. She left a few months later. That was the begining of the end of my family as I once knew it. Since then, 28 years, I've managed several visits by plane and by car, but slowly but surely, the connection, just fizzled. It was by far, one of the biggest turning points in my life, and I've vowed to always be close to my children, and never move away from them like that. As it turned out, every one of my siblings ended up moving up next to mom and dad, and now it was just like before, for all of them. For various reasons, I chose to stay, and in many respects have never really gotten over it. Life goes on, and I'm fine now.

Big dilemma for you isn't it. Sorry for the novel, this one just struck a sad chord. Either way, life usually has a way of just working out for the best. At least that's how my mind works.

Best of luck to you Wendy. Follow your husband, follow your kids, follow yourself, follow, your heart.

Damn I miss my family!






Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very honestly expressed with great insight...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

:(

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

413 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 6, 2008
Last Updated on August 4, 2008

Author

Windy
Windy

AR



About
I'm married to an amazing man that also happens to be a writer! My heart belongs with him, our children and our grandchildren, they are all amazing. This is an "outlet" for me. I am not a w.. more..

Writing
What What

A Poem by Windy


Dissarray Dissarray

A Poem by Windy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..