*~Cattelyn*~

*~Cattelyn*~

A Story by Riku-chan
"

I am a doll. As simple as that.

"

I can open my eyes. I can finally see something other than the pressing darkness. I can tell where I am now; in a dark little shop residing on top of a shelf. I think the shop is now abandoned. Alas, I can recognize my haunting reflection through the glass.

My skin is made of untouched porcelain. I wonder if it is cold after all these years. I wear a unruffled, layered dress made of the finest silk. It clings tightly to my body. My feet are clad in shoes, polished to shine in the light. They're heavy on my legs. My hair is braided to perfection. It sticks to my neck. A scarlet hat rests upon my head, set to a tee. It is as light as a feather.

I suppose I am unmarked perfection. Though I feel nothing near that. I feel as if there is a large gash across my face, marring my appearance to that of a monster. Locked in this dark, forgotten prison I know I will never be loved or even touched. No trace of even my makers fingerprints remain. I am untouched, unmarked, un-scarred.

The other toys don't seem to like me much. They stare me down with their glazed eyes. I can feel their hatred and anger radiating off every one of them.

Am I truly so revolting, so disgusting, so appalling? I know their hatred is directed at me, at the doll with the unmarked body and face. The doll who no one even glances at. The doll that is and always will be unloved.

Next to me is a glass clown. He looks quite funny in his brightly colored suit and fluffy red hair, but his beady, obsidian eyes glare at me through the plastic that holds him. I am glad he can't speak. Even if he could his voice would be muffled by the insolation of the cardboard box.

The rest of the toys are mostly indifferent. Hardly any one of them smile. They all bear deep frowns that creased their sad or angry faces.

It makes me sad too. Though they hate me, I feel upset since they cannot smile. No matter what; I smile. It seems I can't frown. I wish they could smile with me. I was made with the same smile on my bright crimson lips that will be there forever.

I wonder who made me. I wonder what my name is. Maybe it hides on the tag that clings to my hat. If my tag does hold my name I hope it is a pleasant name.

All dolls have beautiful names, right? What if my name is short and common like 'Anne'? I know how horrendous I am, but I hope to at least have a name that has a nice ring to it.

Aha! There it is! On the inside of the tag! It's in flawless black letters: Cattelyn.

© 2012 Riku-chan


Author's Note

Riku-chan
Tell me if you like it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on March 11, 2012
Last Updated on March 11, 2012

Author

Riku-chan
Riku-chan

Kakushi



About
"I don't bite; I rip to peices." more..

Writing