Bodies

Bodies

A Story by Andy Batts
"

see authors notes for description:)

"

Bodies


We are not our bodies,

bodies are just the vessels that carry our hearts through this strange world. Our bodies are just the way we can physically exist on this planet. Are Bodies are just skin and bone and tissue and nerve endings. We are not our bodies.

So why do we judge ourselves and others on our bodies? Why do we hate and damn each others bodies. That body is too fat, that body is too skinny. That body can’t wear a dress, that body can’t wear a suit.We determine what a person can or cannot be based on the parts of the vessel that carries them.

It’s like saying a car can’t have a pine scented air freshener, it has to have the peppermint one because of the type of engine it has. It is like saying your house can’t have a blue door it must have a grey door because of the type of boiler it has. We make rules that mean nothing based on things that mean nothing for reasons that mean nothing.

We make a person into  a body. We tell them that their flesh is who they are and when they rebel, when they say no I am more than my physical containment we beat them down. We tell them a spot in hell awaits them because they do not live by the rules we have placed on their body, they do not believe us when we tell them who they have to be and we despise them for that.

We are not our bodies, yet we base our love on bodies. You cannot love that heart because look at the body it has, I do not care about the body they scream, but we can’t seem to get passed it, all we see is the body, we preach love but have we gotten so blinded by the words of dead men that we forget what love is? We forget that love has no body, we forget that love is two hearts joining as one, we forgot to be hearts because we are so obsessed with bodies.

We are so afraid of bodies, don’t worry about the bodies, we are not our bodies we are hearts and souls and ideas and imaginations and  above all we are human. Don’ t let bodies get in the way of being human. Our bodies are our temples, but my temple does not dictate my worship. Don’t let your parts determine your heart.

© 2018 Andy Batts


Author's Note

Andy Batts
It's based off of the hypocrisy of the church I grew up in. I was taught that God doesn't see are physical forms he sees our hearts and souls and, yet LGBT+ people are going to hell because of the bodies of who they love or because their brain and soul don't match the body they have. In a lot of ways they made peoples bodies more important then the heart, brain, and soul even though they preached that God didn't even recognize bodies. I dunno man... people find excuses to hate others and it's frustrating so there's my thoughts. also please ignore the lack of punctuation I may fix that later

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on May 4, 2018
Last Updated on May 4, 2018

Author

Andy Batts
Andy Batts

MI



About
I write crappy poetry and occasionally a story. Come join me in the garbage more..

Writing
Him Him

A Poem by Andy Batts