Life Of A Cigarette

Life Of A Cigarette

A Story by Winterealics
"

One of my first stories. It's rather simple, but I hope you enjoy it! :)

"

The box was tightly packed. Why was I in here? I felt awful. I could not move. Was I having my own funeral? Inside the box was complete darkness. Sounds echoed in and out of here. Muffled voices could be heard time and time again. A feeling of eeriness hung in the air. Where was I?

                If I was travelling, the ride was very bumpy. Someone did not buy first class tickets. Hmph!

                At last, the box was still for some time. Finally, I could have some peace and quiet. After quite a long time, I was travelling again. Great!

                The box opened. For the first time in my life, I saw the light. It was warm. It was bright. It was rejuvenating. The angel had come.

                Suddenly, I did not see what happened, but it became a lot more spacious. I leaned to a side. It was comforting.

                Then, there was a click, a hiss and a mini explosion. And there came a terrible smell. It was so bad. I choked on it. Argh! Then I thought of the strange sounds from before. Did they have anything to do with the smell?

                This cycle continued frequently. Click. Hiss. Boom. Out came that horrible smell. And each time I was given more space to call my own.

                One day, I lifted out of the box. I saw this big burly man. He took out a small metal container of sorts and opened it. Click. Hiss. A mini flame suddenly appeared on top of the container. It was brought closer to me. Realization hit me like a ton of bricks�"I was being lit! My butt exploded. The pain was unbearable. I wanted to cry. My body started to crisp away. The man started sucking to me. Yuck!

                The man opened his mouth and breathed out smoke.  It emanated that all too disgusting smell, and well, I almost fainted.

                After some time, I was only left with my head. The rest of me had been burnt into ashes. I was thrown on the ground, helpless, useless, my life ended. I did not even get to see London, which I heard from inside that disgusting box and through the muffled boxes was a rather wonderful place.

                 I could have been a tourist, travelling around the world, but yet here I was, alone on the streets of nowhere. From time to time, I would get stepped on by these giants’ gross shoes. The rain made my body soft and slowly, but surely, I dissolved into nothing but compost.

                That was it. That was my life. Did I serve my purpose? Did I find the meaning of my life? Was I just meant to be like that, used, then thrown away? Who was I? To be honest, even I do not know…

© 2020 Winterealics


Author's Note

Winterealics
NIL

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

13 Views
Added on August 15, 2020
Last Updated on August 15, 2020
Tags: Life Of A..., Fictional

Author

Winterealics
Winterealics

Singapore, Singpore, Singapore



About
I'm a 12-yr-old writer. I like to write fictional stories. I hope you enjoy reading them. I am open to suggestions for improvements. more..