Stranded

Stranded

A Story by Andrew Michael Figueroa
"

Two girls that come from two different worlds are forced to be together. Eventually they fall in love.

"
"Nobody wants you, so just give up, Yumi!" Akiko shouted.
"Ha, you're just jealous 'cause General Ikegami likes me better!" Yumi shouted back.
"General Ikegami is your ex-girlfriends uncle! Of course he likes you better!" Akiko pointed out.
"Get a life, Yumi! Why don't you do the army a favor and drown in the lake?"
"Akiko! Yumi! Enough!" A manly voice shouted.
Both girls jumped and stood at attention.
The year is 1968 when newly rivals Akiko and Yumi entered military school. For their entire first year, the two were bunked in the same cabin with three other girls. They fought since day one because of their extreme differences: Akiko being the girly �"girl that hated getting sweaty and Yumi, the complete tomboy.
Many of the girls complained of their ongoing bickering between each other and eventually the general could no longer stand the complaints. They were now in their final years of military school and it was time to settle things between them once and for all.
"Yes, General Ikegami?" Both girls spoke at once, quickly covering their nude bodies with whatever could be found as cover.
"In my office. Immediately. I have an assignment for you both." He spoke.
"Yes, sir. Lemme just get some clothes on. I don't want the boys checkin' out the twins." Yumi said.
"Ugh, you're so disgusting. Whatever, I have to get some pants on." Akiko said.
The General nodded. "Meet in my office once you've done what is needed to be done." He then left the room.
Akiko and Yumi eyed each other with disgust. They were not happy with the idea of doing an assignment together. Nevertheless, they thought it would be quick and can get it over with without any trouble. Unfortunate for them, they were wrong.
"What? One year in the Caribbean with her? Are you crazy, old man?" Yumi shouted.
"It's actually a year and a day. We need you to see if it is a good spot for the military to add a camp there. You two are the best of all the female teenage troops here not too mention, two of our eldest." General Ikegami said, ignoring Yumi's comment.
Yumi sighed with a slight growl.
"No way in hell am I going to be stuck for that long with only her and no reception for my cell phone." Akiko said angrily.
"That type of attitude is the other reason why we chose you two. I am sick of hearing from the others of your ignorant bickering. It is time the two of you start acting like mature adults, considering Yumi is already an adult and you, Akiko, are on your way of becoming an adult less then a month." General Ikegami pointed out.
Yumi grinned. "As long as she don't talk to me much, I got no problem with this. As long as I got my laptop and Number Thirteen, plus we sleep separately--"
"You will be sleeping in the same cabin. You will be given tools, food, and water for the first month. From there on, you are to rely on each other for survival. This mission will also be teaching you teamwork," General interrupted, "No guns. No pistols. You will rely on what ever we give you and what ever is found on that island."
Yumi groaned. "Fine whatever... I can do this. No problem."
"If she can do it, so can I." Akiko agreed.
"Good. You will be leaving in three days. I am sure you will need time to say good-bye to anyone you love for now and begin packing suitable attire. Akiko, I suggest no mini-skirts."
"Yes, sir." Akiko agreed.
"You are dismissed." General said.

Those three days went by rather fast. The girls both said their good-byes to their friends and packed their clothes.
Yumi played it smart and pack some fishing gear plus her dagger she had received from her father before she left.
Akiko was also smart by packing a first aid kit and a few notebooks with a box of pencils and a hand held pencil sharpener. She also packed a pocketknife.
Finally, on their day to depart, they climbed into a helicopter and headed out to the island. The ride lasted for many silent hours. Neither girl talked to each other. Eventually, they arrived at the island and quickly moved everything they were given to their cabin. The helicopter was then flown away back to the camp by the same pilot that had brought them there.
"Ah! Great I broke a nail." Akiko suddenly shrieked.
Yumi rolled her eyes. "Why does it matter? You wanna look pretty for the animals or something?"
"You never know what hottie could land here from other parts of the Caribbean."
"Yeah, 'cause hot dudes surfs thousands of miles away from the beach."
"Why do you have to be so obnoxious?"
"Why do you have to be so annoying?"
"I was forced to come here! Do you think I actually like going through those obstacle courses that involve getting muddy?"
"I didn't think you did. I mean, you seriously just don't belong here."
"I at least survived here over the last three years."
Yumi nodded. She heard Akiko's stomach growl and chuckled. "You haven't eaten since we left, have you?"
Akiko shook her head. "I haven't eaten since breakfast yesterday."
"You're crazy. You'll get sick if ya do that."
"I need to lose weight. I weigh ninety-nine pounds. That's fat."
"Fat? Girl, you keep losing weight and you're gonna be so scrawny, if I touch you you'll snap like a twig. You gotta eat. Imma go make some turkey bacon. You're eatin' extra. Maybe I can make a smoothie later on. I gotta find some coconuts to make a cup outta them."
"You know how to shave coconuts?"
"'Course I do. Otou-san taught me. He taught me a lot before he left us to go into war. That's why I ain't worried of stayin' here. Plus, half my blood is redneck-Indian, which is mumma and bubba. My Japanese side is my mom and her family."
"That's interesting. I'm full Japanese."
"That's pretty cool. Good being a one type, unlike myself who's considered a mutt."
"That's my fault."
Yumi smiled. "Don't worry about it. It reminds me of home back in America. My buddies gave me that nickname."
Akiko giggled. "Good thing then, I suppose."
Yumi nodded. "It's almost night fall. I suggest we go take a bath out at the shore, get a nice dinner, and get to the cots after a nice check out of the sunset. Tomorrow we wake up fresh and early with a nice breakfast and check out the island. See if we can find anything interesting."
Akiko nodded.
They did so. They headed out into the island's beach shore, stripped down all the way nude and took a bath in the water.
"Hopefully, tomorrow we find a nice fresh water river or something. Otherwise, the salt water's gonna make us sick too." Yumi said.
"What do you mean?" Akiko asked.
"Salt water ain't good for our hair or our skin." Yumi grinned.
Akiko laughed. "I thought you were going to say something like we can't drink it too much."
"Oh, no we can drink it. We have to boil it though and then let it cool. What we can do is sundry the water and use the remaining salt to keep any meat we catch from going bad for a couple days." Yumi said, smiling.
Akiko smiled back at her.
Later on that night, they sat on top of the cabin's roof and watched the sunset. Akiko took out one of her notebooks and a pencil and began writing a poem. Yumi looked over and smiled.
"That's pretty good." Yumi complimented.
"Huh? Oh, this? It's nothing. I'm not that good." Akiko blushed, feeling embarrassed.
"Hm, if I had known this awhile ago, I doubt we'd be fighting as much as we usually do. I myself have been writing poems since I was in the fourth grade." Yumi said, nodding.
"I've been writing since I came to this damn school."
Yumi nodded, closed her eyes, and relaxed as a breeze came their way. "Mm... Oh, mother nature, how you treat me so, with your songs of the wind and your healing waters, the flame which lights our ways and warms our cold souls, and the wonderful earth you leave us to make our homes." She mumbled.
"That doesn't rhyme." Akiko pointed out.
"It wasn't a poem. And not all poems gotta rhyme." Yumi said, laying back.
Akiko nodded. She looked up to the sky. "Yumi, can I ask you something?"
"Hm?"
"Why are you being so nice to me now?"
"Hm... well, I had sympathy for you earlier when you said you was forced to be here. Not too mention, you ain't as bad as you normally is. You tend to complain a lot but right now, you ain't saying s**t. Plus, nature relaxes me by like, a lot."
Akiko nodded. "You aren't so bad yourself when you're not around your friends."
"Eh, I can't help it. I grew up with boys. I have six older brothers and twelve male cousins. I'm the only girl out of the entire family, aside my 'rents, the old ones, and my aunts. It's only normal for me to also end up making a hella lot more guy friends then girls. Hell, almost all my friends that are chicks are just ex-girlfriends." Yumi said, grinning.
"The girls seem to like you a lot." Akiko chuckled.
"Yeah, but none of them I've never actually had that feeling."
"Feeling?"
"Ya know? That, 'you're the one' feeling. That's my ultimate goal when I'm dating a girl."
"You want to find love?"
"Yeah, man! Don't you? Heck, ya have to be crazy not to want that!" Yumi laughed.
Akiko smiled. "I've had that once. She was my first love, not too mention my last." She sighed.
"Woe! What? She? Ya like chicks?"
"Yeah. You didn't know?"
"I always see ya with the dudes! Hell, ya went out with my home-boy, Chuck!"
"Oh, Zack? Yeah, me and him were together. I'm, not gay like you are. I play both teams."
Yumi nodded. "That's cool. So tell me, what was it like? Being in love, I mean."
"Hm... it was the most wonderful feeling ever. It was my last year in middle school. We had science together. We were also in the music club together. We started out as friends and band mates. She was the lead guitarist, I sang, our friend Amber was our bassist and Emily was our drummer. Eventually, in our first talent show, she asked me out when we won third place," Tears streamed down Akiko's cheeks as she finished, "When I was told I was being sent to military school, she cried in my arms. It was the first day we had ever told each other that we loved each other. It was the last day of school... my father picked me up in a chopper and I was flown towards the academy."
Yumi nodded. She reached over and wiped away Akiko's tears. "You guys broke up and haven't spoken since then..."
Akiko nodded. "Yes, that's how it went." She whispered.
Yumi sighed and pulled Akiko in her arms bringing her comfort.
At that moment, Yumi learned something about love and life. Every positive has a similar or equal amount of negatives. She was willing to take that risk though.
"Thanks..." Akiko whispered.
Yumi nodded. "Let's get inside and I'll make us that bacon."
Akiko nodded.
Together, they jumped down and went inside. They slipped on some clothes and quickly started up a fire in the fireplace. While Yumi cooked the meat, she chugged down a couple shots of liquor, making her buzzed. Once she felt herself heavy, she put it away and served Akiko her bacon on a giant leaf with a large piece of bread on the side and some grapes. They both sat down a small table and ate their meal.
"Akiko, this may be the liquor talkin', but can I tell ya somethin'?" Yumi suddenly asked.
"Um... yes. What is it?" Akiko said a bit confused.
"Earlier, when we were takin' our bath, I couldn't help but notice," She blushed lightly, "You have a nice body. Especially your breast. They're the perfect size for a woman of my type."
Akiko blinked and choked on a grape she had in her mouth. Yumi stood up and helped her cough it up. Akiko took in deep breaths until she could breath again. She blushed deeply and nodded to Yumi.
"Thank you..." Akiko said.
"I wasn't gonna let you die on me." Yumi chuckled.
"I meant the compliment... but yes, thanks for that too." Akiko said quietly.
Yumi smiled. "No prob."
After so many months of them being stuck on the island, they began to get along more. They survived off the island without the least bit of a struggle. Yumi's survival knowledge complimented Akiko's stay on the island. Yumi was happy to not be alone. The more she thought about it, she would never want to be alone on a deserted island with no one other than Akiko. They formed a strong bond, a bond stronger than any friend or ex-lover she had ever formed.
The year eventually ended and it was the last day and they were packing their bags. Akiko had kept a log to keep track of everything that went on in the island from landmarks to where the best langosta was found to where most of the edible animals and plants flourished.
Yumi was packing up everything in while Akiko was writing the final entry to the log. She cleared her throat, walked over to Akiko, and draped her arms over her. Akiko blushed at the sudden action but smiled, keeping her eyes on the log.
"Akiko... look at me for a second." Yumi ordered gently.
Akiko looked at Yumi and they both gazed into each other's eyes. Both blushed and Yumi quickly leaned in and kissed her deeply. Akiko gasped softly into the kiss but then relaxed and kissed her back, putting a hand to Yumi's cheek. After so many wonderful moments of savoring each other, they both pulled back with crimson flushed cheeks.
"Yumi..." Akiko whispered.
"Akiko... I've officially fallen for ya. I want us to be together. I've never felt this way before about any girl. I've got that feeling... and it's all for you, babe..." Yumi breathed, keeping her gaze.
A tear formed into Akiko's eyes. "Yumi... I feel the same way..." She said quietly.
Yumi smiled and pulled her in for another kiss. Akiko kissed her back, wrapping her arms around Yumi's neck.
"Akiko..." Yumi breathed, when she pulled back, "I..." She stopped herself and blushed.
"Yes? What is it?"
"I... I want to feel you against my own skin... our breast touching each other... I want to wake up beside you tomorrow morning with you in my arms, bare naked... I want to hear your beautiful sounds as you climax against my touch... I want you right here... right now..." Yumi said quietly, blushing in embarrassment.
"Yumi..." Akiko blushed deeply.
Yumi turned away. "Please... forgive me... You don't havta if ya don't wanna..."
Akiko smiled and cupped Akiko's chin, facing Yumi to her. "I want to as well, Yumi. I was simply speechless. I've.... I've never done this before, not even with a man."
Yumi smiled softly. "I will be gentle."

© 2011 Andrew Michael Figueroa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on March 15, 2011
Last Updated on March 15, 2011

Author

Andrew Michael Figueroa
Andrew Michael Figueroa

Orlando, FL



About
I'm laied back. I love to write romance stories. In fact, everything I write is romance. Infact, most of it is tragic romance and the occasional happy endings. I write all types of love. Perhaps that'.. more..

Writing