Wolfthorns journy

Wolfthorns journy

A Story by The wolf of Scars
"

A spin off of Erin hunter's, WARRIORS, the tale of 4 clans of cats

"

 

As I ran through the lush green forest toward the screeching and yowling of battle I Yowled “I am Wolfthorn deputy of ThunderClan!” than I Leapt into battle. aiming for a large brown cat who was pinning down Icefur as I leaped for him  I Twisted my body so I could push him to the side and into a lake, I Started to help up icefur than another cat rammed into my side I Fell down so hard that I lost my breath and in an instant they were on top of me as I struggled to bat them off I Recognized who it was, hawkstone from shadowclan, as I Realized this he was lunging for my throat so I Quickly kicked up with my back legs to throw him off of me, he flew back and hit a tree with a thud and did not get up. I Leaped back just as silverclaw and a shadowclan warrior rolled past than I Leaped to Squirrelstar’s side and started to help her fend off her attackers...after all I am deputy, and I would chase off anyone who threatens my clan!

 

As I wake up sore from last nights battle I hear  Jayfeather calling my name so I get up and walk over to him

“What’s wrong Jayfeather,” I asked, “is someone hurt?”

“No one is hurt it's you I’m checking on,” jayfeather replied “do your wounds hurt”

“No.”

“Do you want some more poultice?”

“No”

“Do you like squirrelstar?”

“As a leader yes, as a friend, yes, as a mate, no.”

“Glad to know that…be careful of reopening that wound

“I will don't worry” I said turning away

As I turned saw Squirrelstar staring at me like she needed to talk  so I walked over and greeted her, as I did she turned and walked away to a border patrol and joined it.

I Decided to organize some more patrols, I Called for frostfang to go on a hunting patrol near the abandoned twoleg house along with his apprentice Plumpaw as he went to get Plumpaw I Went to get some fresh prey from the pile and started eating it in famished gulps.

 

When frostfang came out of the apprentice den with Plumpaw behind him I realized that frostfang looked a bit ill and that Plumpaw was distanced from him by a bit so I decided to send him to jayfeather after the patrol. The patrol went on without a hitch...for the most part at least near the end I decided to go into the abandoned twoleg den and look for some mice and from one of piles of stone I heard scratching so when I went to leap onto the pile someone slammed into my side and they blew all the air out of me and when I caught my breath I yelled out for plumpaw and frostfang but before they could get to me I realized it was my half-sister from windclan, Dapplefur when I got up I Saw that icefur and plumpaw were about to leap at here but before they could land on her I pushed her to the side

“Icefur, Plumplaw stop,” I mewed to them “its Dapplefur!”

“It's who?” Asked Plumpaw

“It's Dapplefur,” Explained icefur “one of the most well known warriors of the clans!”

 

 

 

As I walked to get some fresh kill ravenfeather comes up to me “hey how did you find out that you're related to dapplefur?” she asked me.

“I can’t really remember how I found out I just knew one day that she was my half-sister.” I lied .

 

As Ravenfeather walked away I picked up a mouse and threw it in front of her

“You must be hungry after your vigil last night eat to build your strength you'll need it cause you're on the mid-day patrol.”

“do I have to be on the mid-day,” she asked “ patrol I was awake all night on my silent vigil, and I only just became a warrior?”

“Yes you do have to be on the mid-day patrol ever since those shadowclan kits were found dead on our territory we needed to keep patrols at an all time high.” I replied .

“Speaking of kits wolfthorn you should get a mate before…’

I Cut her off “I'm not interested in mates not any more at least,” Iadd as Ipoint my tail to the camp, “they had their chance.”

“I Was only an apprentice back then.” she whispers as she rubbs her face on my cheek.

“What do you mean by that?” I ask as I stumble backwards

“You are a smart cat you should know.”

“I...um got to organize some patrols.” Imew “Don't forget your on the mid-day patrol.”

“Oh I won't, see you around wolfthorn”

 

As I walk away I pushed what Ravenfeather told me to the back of my mind and started to organize a few hunting patrols, than Isee riversong pad up to  me

“Hey wolfthorn can I go on a patrol?”

“Sure what patrol do you want to be on?”

“Any patrol really I just want to get away from icefur he's been mooning over me since the battle.”

“Thats strange he doesn't normally ‘moon’ over people…i'll see what I Can do, OH and you can join the mid-day patrol with ravensong and thistleclaw.”

“Thanks wolfthorn your a great cat see ya later.”

“It's no problem.”

 

As riversong walks away I decide to go and talk to squirrelstar while I can before she tries to join a patrol. Once I finally found her I realize that she is limping so I quicken my pace till I catch up to her.

 

“Hey squirrelstar what's wrong with your leg?”

“Oh nothing it just hurts a bit” she replied sourly

“Who put mouse bile in your rabbit this morning?”

“I'm just mad that shadowclan haven't realized that we were not the ones who stole the kits.”

“Yhea yhea but that's no reason to be mean to your own clan.” I mew as she turns and walks away.

 

That was uneventful I tell myself, as I walk to the warriors den to get frostfang for another hunting patrol.

 

“Hey frostfang wanna go on a hunting patrol?” I asked.

“No i'm already on a patrol.” he replied with a grin

“What patrol are you going on?” I inquired

“Inam on the mid-day patrol with raven feather.” he retorted.

"well I did not mean to be rude i'm sorry..." I responded

"it's ok wolfthorn I know you didnt meant to be rude it's just that Riversong is avoiding me and I like her."

"really?" I asked trying to sound surprised

"yhea its making me sad."

"don't be a kit frostfang it's just one cat i'm sure you’ll find another."

“But what if I don't find someone?”

“......I’m sure you will you're a very nice cat.”

“Thanks wolfthorn you really know how to cheer up a friend.”

“It's no problem.”

“No it really is you went out of your way to come to me thank you!”

“Your welcome?”

“I'm gonna go now don't want them to wait too long.”

“You go get em!”

Well frostfang is out of the question for a patrol and that's the same for Plumpaw who else is there that might be free for a patrol… Ravenfeather, no squirrelstar? No she has things to do, clans to save, well our clan to save at least but then again she is related to firestar, the best cat of all the clans. He died fighting the cats that weren't allowed into starclan, like tigerstar himself…

”wolfthorn...hello you listening?”

“What, oh hey raven feather”

“Hey, so uhhh wanna eat together,” she inquired. “I just caught two plump mice”

“Sure.” I answered distantly.

 

Ravenfeather and I ate the mice, then she started to lick my back

 

“I can't believe those kits were dead..” she continued “I hope that doesn't happen with me”

“It won't, trust me” I replied

“Why do you say that?” she asked.

Your a smart cat you should know”  I teased

She stared at me a bit then finished her mouse

 

After I found my mouse, I got up, and went to my den to finish off the day.

 

 

         A paw was shaking me awake,

 

“Wolfthorn wake up!”

“Wha….what's happening?” I asked as I  stumbled awake.

“It's squirrelstar she lost a life, she is now on her last one!”

 

At the mention of squirrelstar I was up and by the time the cat said she lost a life I was out of the den and running across the clearing, and into squirrelstars den.

“Squirrelstar are you ok?!”

“I…I'm ok wolfthorn,”she answered meekly. “I will be fine, it's just my last life…”

“No, you can't be…” My voice trailed.

“It's ok you, when the time comes, you will be an amazing leader.”

“Don't you talk like that,” I fretted. “It sounds as if you giving up”

“I will never give up” she replied as she got up, shakily

I helped her up then left, casting a worried glance at her as I ran into frostfang

“Oh hey frostfang, I didn't see ya there.” I said

“It's ok wolfthorn I know you didn't mean to run into me, but I'm glad you did, I need to talk”

“Ok, then what is it?”

“When you become lea…”

“I won't be leader for a long time,” I cut him off  “so don't talk like squirrelstar will just drop dead”

“Sorry I just….” His voice trailed

“No, stop just go and hunt!” I almost yelled

 

He stared at me a bit startled, then Walked away, after the fiasco I started to walk away...then I smelt it. A shadowclan scent, faded and washed by the scent of others. I called for Greenwhisker, the best tracker in the clan.

 

He walked upto me almost as soon as I called for him

 

“What do you want?!”

“You’re the best tracker in the clan, and I smell a faint shadowclan scent just here” I say gesturing to the  spot

 

         Greenwhisker put his nose to the ground “I can smell it to, I'll follow  it, I'll need a few cats to come with…just in case”

 

“Yes I know,you can take…”

“Ravenfeather?” He asked, cutting me off

“no i will take her, and stay in the shadows, trailing you just in case three cats are not enough if you get attacked”

“Sounds like a good idea but why are you coming, you need to stay  alive if you're going to be leader.”

“Go get someone!” I growled

           “Ok” he murmured as he walked to the warriors den

 

I don't want to be a leader… I'm not ready to be leader.

I look around finding Raven feather returning from a hunting patrol carrying a Vole, once she put it on the fresh kill pile i walked over

 

    “Hi Ravenfeather, how was the patrol?”

    “It went well, blackpaw caught a squirrel that was half his size.”

    “It's almost time he became a warrior.” I thought aloud.

    “Almost, but that's not why you came to talk is it?” Ravenfeather inquired

    “It is not, the reason I came to get you is to tell you that you are coming with me as backup for Greenwhisker and whoever he has chosen.”

    “Then why did you chose me to come with you as backup?”

    “I don't really know, you just seem like a good choice, you have dark fur.”

    “Oh that sounds reasonable.” Ravenfeather agreed.

    “Yes….I guess we go now.” I mewed

    “Just one question….wolfthorn why did you really pick me?”

   “Because… because I want to talk, I want to know why you like me..”

   “I will tell you while on the way.”

   “Good, we should go now.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter two

“That is an act of hostility against our honor” she said smoothly “what do you t

Ravenfeather and wolfthorn walked together, following Greenwhisker, Heatherdrop, and Blackberry, who in turn were tracking a shadowclan scent through the woods.

    Wolfthorn turns to Ravenfeather, and asks, “ravenfeather, why do you like me?”

“Well, your strong, smart,” she looks at wolfthorn  and smiles “very handsome, and…” she stops as she smells the border to shadowclan.

“Where here,”  wolfthorn mews as he smells the border. “Stay here as i check with Greenwhisker.”

“Wolfthorn,  be careful.” Ravenfeather fretted

“Don't worry, I will.” Wolfthorn reassured her as he walks to Greenwhisker’s patrol.

“Wolfthorn hurry, I have found something you will want to see!” Greenwhisker called out

Wolfthorn ran faster, meeting the patrol and saw the remains of a rabbit, smothered in ShadowClan scent, then wolfthorn looked around and saw that they were nowhere near the shadowclan border

“Ravenfeather….we are not at the border, come here.” Wolfthorn called

Ravenfeather soon appeared from behind a heather bush, gasping when she sees the rabbit bones

“What happened?!” Ravenfeather demanded

“It seems that some shadowclan warriors trespassed and ate some of our prey” Greenwhisker  explained

Wolfthorn looked at the rabbit bones “I will report this to squirrelstar “he mewed as he started to trot off.

 

 

 

 

As wolfthorn walked through the bramble bush and into camp, he then looks around to find squirrelstar, spotting her sunning on the sunning rocks he starts walking over.

 

“Hey squirrelstar, i have something to report.” Wolfthorn mewed

“Well what is it?” She asked

Startled wolfthorn quickly told her about the rabbit bones that were drenched in shadowclan scent.

“What do you hink we should do?”

“Well, we are already being accused of killing two of their kits, so any actions against them may start a full battle and we do not have the strength to win that war, so…we wait, and see what they do next?” Wolfthorn suggested

“Why are you asking me, this one is your choice wolfthorn you need to start taking charge, i am on my last life after all”

“i’m not ready to become leader, i’m not ready what so ever” wolfthorn fretted

“That only makes you stronger, now go back to your patrol and do as you wish.”

Wolfthorn trotted off. Pushing past the brambles at the entrance to the camp he looked around, then he started towards the patrol once there he told greenwhisker, heatherdrop, and blackberry to go back to camp, then looked at Ravenfeather

 

“you were saying why you like me? So… ?” Wolfthorn asked, starting to walk back to camp

“Like i said your strong, smart, very handsome,” ravenfeather mews, following behind wolfthorn “you always seem to know what to do even in the most dire situations”

“Well that's nice and all but, there has got to be more right?” Wolfhorn asked, a little confused

“Of course there's more, those are just the most… persistent traits.” She meowed

“I’m the deputy, i have to know what to do or i might destroy the clan and well I” wolfthorn paused.  “You're a very nice cat I just don't know if I want a mate… I mean I tried moons ago, and failed, so I don't know if I want to try again”

“You should try again! I was just a kit when you were a warrior.” She argued

“Why should that mean I should try again?” Wolfthorn questioned tilting his head

“Well Wolfthorn, what if I like you?” ravenfeather asked

“W...well i still don't understand why.” Wolfthorn paused “.... I mean why would you like someone like me?”

“Lets… talk about this later when we are at camp.” Ravenfeather mewed as she speeded up and went past me.

“Okay, I'll catch up, I need to be alone for a while.” Wolfthorn replied stopping. Wolfthorn sat down and looked around at his territory, thunderclan territory.

© 2017 The wolf of Scars


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love this, very catchy, Great job

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 5, 2017
Last Updated on June 5, 2017
Tags: Cats, Warriors, Fan-fiction

Author

The wolf of Scars
The wolf of Scars

Joplin, MO



About
I am a nice person who is entertained by others confusion. more..