My Dream Night of August 5th, 2013

My Dream Night of August 5th, 2013

A Story by Wolfwind
"

A crazy dream that I thought I'd share.

"

It began like any other day during the summer. Mom and I and three identical girls whom I didn’t know were hanging out at the local military air base watching the floating carriers be pulled in by bi-planes guides. What I didn’t know was today was about to change for the worse.

            Just as my stomach was getting the hankering for some good ole temporary stand air food, I saw the lead guide plane detach his guide line and with a roar of his powerful piston engine, soar skyward.

            My gaze changed swiftly as I soon realized the floating carrier was coming in off course and was going to hit a giant propane storage dome. So did every one else that was standing, watching the show. People began screaming and running away from the flight line. For some reason that I simply can’t fathom, my legs wouldn’t move, as if I was fascinated at the thought of the impending explosion might be something cool to see. Stupid me; the explosion was huge and if it hadn’t been for the quick thought of some old geezer grabbing me and pulling me and my mother and the three unknown girls out of the way and behind a fortified concrete bunker, we would have been incinerated. The old geezer turned on a fire house that he pulled from his coat and kept us all wet so we wouldn’t burn.

            The next thing I knew I was at the on base hospital where Mom had to have her glasses cleaned off of blood from someplace I don’t know. Two of the identical girls were missing and only the one wearing the purple summer dress remained, clinging to me like a sticky lollipop.

            Just then an old flame of mine ran in through the front entrance of the med station. Her name was Harah, and she was an ace pilot. She jumped on me praising the flaming abyss that I was okay. She then calmed down and told me that it had been an act of terrorism and the lead guide pilot was the culprit. Harah told me how she had just landed from chasing the terrorist down and blowing the plane up. I smiled, knowing the world was a safer place with Harah in the skies.

            My mother kept on talking the entire time about body parts and people with heads half missing and mandibles no longer attached.

           

            The next thing I knew I was back at my parent’s house and was trying to figure out who was who with the three identical girls. They had started playing a game where I had to go and kiss them. Whenever I caught one the color of their dress would switch with what one of the other girls was wearing! I couldn’t make head or tails of it and soon gave up on kissing them. Except for a new girl in a blue dress whom I thought may have been an old elementary school classmate. I found her being devoured in our cursed coat closet that a man eating spirit made a home out of. She looked at me with pleading eyes and squealed that it’s not manly to watch a woman’s insides while she’s being eaten. With her foot, she slammed to door shut on me. I simply shook my head and walked outside.

 

            Once outside the three identical girls must have convinced me to play hide and seek. While hiding in a grove of bushes, a vine of some sort shot out from across the walkway and wrapped itself around me. Luckily dad came out from around the house with the chainsaw and was able to cut through the fines. I said thanks. He said no problem and handed me the chainsaw and told me to go trim some of the small fir trees next to the house.

 

            I was doing just fine at trimming the smaller trees away from the house until he came back out saying I wasn’t doing it correctly. The bigger trees go angry at all the yelling and began throwing pinecones down on me and encouraging the small trees to wiggle and squirm. I finally after much frustration got the last small tree phased out of existence.

 

            I guess I had left the parents house and went to a castle where the three identical girls, whom I still didn’t know their names, lived. They were in the giant kitchen taking turns baking colored loaves of bread, but cutting off parts of their magical dresses and kneading it into the dough. I raised a finger in thought and they all stopped to look at me. I told them that if they keep doing that they wouldn’t be descent any more.

            The glanced at each other, giggled and began ripping their dresses off and throwing the material into the large oven where they burst into rainbow colored flames.

 

            Then I woke up….

 

 

© 2013 Wolfwind


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

WOW.... That is some dream... I love that the big trees were throwing pine-cones at you and the little trees making them wiggle lol... That sure is the long way to go to get the girls dresses off lol.. I just loved this sometimes sad sometimes lol post.. I am saving it to read again when I am less tired.. shallimarRose

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wolfwind

10 Years Ago

Thanks! Just one of those random nights. lol
shallimarRose

10 Years Ago

lol Your dream runs circles around some of mine.. It seemed like 3 or 4 dreams that meld together.... read more



Reviews

crazy!
this is a pretty wacky dream. I was giggling in some parts of it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wolfwind

10 Years Ago

Yes it was! lol Thanks for reading! =)
WOW.... That is some dream... I love that the big trees were throwing pine-cones at you and the little trees making them wiggle lol... That sure is the long way to go to get the girls dresses off lol.. I just loved this sometimes sad sometimes lol post.. I am saving it to read again when I am less tired.. shallimarRose

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wolfwind

10 Years Ago

Thanks! Just one of those random nights. lol
shallimarRose

10 Years Ago

lol Your dream runs circles around some of mine.. It seemed like 3 or 4 dreams that meld together.... read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 6, 2013
Last Updated on August 6, 2013
Tags: Dream, strange, crazy, weird

Author

Wolfwind
Wolfwind

Coupeville, WA



About
Sometimes poet, always an artist, creator of colorful visions, dreamer, and a seeker of things not yet known. more..

Writing