This is your mind... So pay attention.

This is your mind... So pay attention.

A Story by Wolfwind


          First there was something, than there was nothing. Then new life was woven in a new pattern and new way. A new awareness embracing the chaos of life, searching seeking and trying to find the answers needed. Those raw emotions pulsated, thundering and deafening the thoughts. Times were scary, times were hard and the out look bleak. The mind is an amazing thing. Able to adapt, learn, and process many things. It does this every second that one is alive.

            Emotions free flowed like a waterfall, half frozen, half boiling. There was no peace, no stability and much confusion. Time would take a walk down the path of life, creating new threads, new cords and fibers. A complete re-design, a phoenix rising out of the ashes to make an analogy that applies to what had to happen.

            Logic spun round, like a suit of armor. Emotions dampening and rational thought took the lead upon a new journey. Life was being lived, learned and the armor grew stronger, thicker, ever watchful and protective of its emotional twin.

            Yet, there was a price to be paid. A monkey wrench that was out of control, that couldn’t be welded into a place of safety. In the mind, there is only so much energy. It became a balancing act. The happy place is the calm. Emotional smooth seas protected by the powers of its logical army. It is indeed a balance.

            The logic’s army becomes super aware of stress trying to invade and get to its twin, the emotional core. It reacts like a virus, becoming stronger as more energy is diverted from other logical processing centers. It thickens at a price. Our minds uses logic on an everyday basis, to organize thoughts, categorize goals, ambitions and to aid in focus. When the stress upon the emotional core is too great, the logical army uses more than it’s normal share of energy, depleting it from those activities that would normally require it. It keeps the core safe at a price of dropping control over other areas. The results vary.

 

            (One must note here, often times we don’t know what is actually causing the stress to the emotional core. At this point in the process of emotional defense, it’s usually small, unseen and often trivial events. If you start to feel the loss of those things described below, stop what you’re doing and think things through, you still have time.)

 

            One knows that there are negative stresses pressing in on them, for they will see other logical systems weaken. Focus and the ability to multitask will lessen.  Memories begin to flux, making it harder to concentrate and remember small daily details. This is just the beginning…and acts as an early warning system, letting one know that they need to find calmer seas.

            If calm waters are not found, the logical army puts more energy into the armor protecting the emotions, beginning to take away from mental processes involving judgment and fast action reaction abilities which are used on a daily basis during communication. The key thought needs to be here, if you can’t get your point across and discussions are getting out of control, it’s time to back away and find that calm.

            The critical problem that is often faced at this point is that one may not realize they are loosing control of rational and logical thought. They may feel as if everyone is attacking them. If you feel like you’re being attacked, take a break and find that calm…It’s just become crunch time and you’re in the last inning stretch.

            If calm has not been restored, and the stresses removed, the armor around the emotional core of the mind will reach critical mass. The logic and rational systems can no longer supply enough aid to keep the emotions from bursting outward. Now the emotions are in control. They will harness what is left of the logic and use it as weapons against what ever the mind “assumes” is the threat. You’ve reached blow out. Often times when this happens one needs others to intervene and take control of the situation. You will fight it with everything, for that becomes the threat and you’re not in control.

            Control will not come back until others have restored calm and allow the logical armor to come back on line. That might take a few minutes or a few hours, depending on the level of blow out. The worst blow outs are meltdowns, most often caused by traumatic events that bring terror or fear into the emotional core.

 

            Now I know your asking, why is this all important? The answer is simple as this is how your mind works. It’s a hard wired process that came about when the phoenix was born from the ashes, it simply happens. For you to accomplish your day to day activities in a manor that you can control and that others will not seem to oppose, it’s important to catch the shift in the logical armor at the earliest stages. Otherwise you will return to those places of emotional chaos and confusion that you strive to not go into.

             

            Many people don’t realize that it might be those closest to them on a day to day basis that are stressing their emotional core. Most everyone has a different mental chemistry than you. Because of this it’s important to take note when and where you begin to feel the logic shifting. The smaller effect you notice in that shift, the more time you have to find your calm and re-strengthen your armor.

            As I’m sure you have read above, once others have to take control it becomes worse for you and what you’re experiencing. The feelings of oppression, distrust, anxiety and the act of going on the defensive are all signs that the armor is about the reach its maximum level.

           

            Since you and most others don’t have someone who knows what’s happening and can defuse the stress there in these circumstances, on a daily basis, it makes it even more important that you take what I’ve discussed and learn to be aware of the logical shift in its early warning stage.

 

            To close, I would just like to say that do to the diversity in the minds of all people on this planet we live, this may not be how their mind works. As stated before, everyone’s different. But my hope is that this will help those that it’s written for.

 

 

© 2012 Wolfwind


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this. It's....true.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
1 Review
Added on November 5, 2011
Last Updated on July 11, 2012

Author

Wolfwind
Wolfwind

Coupeville, WA



About
Sometimes poet, always an artist, creator of colorful visions, dreamer, and a seeker of things not yet known. more..

Writing