What is a legend?

What is a legend?

A Story by Vincent A. Beasley
"

An explanation of my epic poems "Legends". This will help you to understand the world and plot that they all play out in.

"
What is a legend? Well in my world, and epic poetry, they are fictional beings that are able to live forever. Time has no effect on there bodies. The only way they can die is by someone or something greater then themselves. Their colored iris' in their eyes shine when a great emotion is stirred within them. They posses abilities that very depending on the individual and there personalities and likeliness. They also have the ability to travel to any planet that they please, with their bodies shattering like glass.

Where do they exist? Anywhere. A futuristic planet to a medieval one. The stories take place on many different planets, but all the legends come from a single place. They are sent out to protect people that are not legends. They carry only bladed weapons or use their own abilities, such as lightning or a dark cursed arm.

How do you become a legend? It differs upon the said individual. Most become one by doing something that is out of their normal ability. Like a young man having so much determination that he drains every drop of his life to complete his task. This young man is worthy of becoming a legend. They are chosen by a place called "The legendary council" and are set under their order. If you do not join their cause after being recreated as a legend, then you are hunted down. This is why some people believe that the council is corrupt. But their reasons are to ride existence of people that appose goodness. Thus the council and its "Councilmen" are seen as being valiant. While some individuals within their establishment are not as glories as other. And a few are monstrous. Even in this good, and supposedly just, establishment, there are corrupt beings. Even if the beings in themselves are good.

But isn't every being corrupt to a certain degree? Who will you side with? Which is good? And which one is evil? Or is it all the same? That is for the individual to decide. Its all in the prospective.

© 2009 Vincent A. Beasley


Author's Note

Vincent A. Beasley
If you have ANY questions about what a legend is or what they do, then PLEASE ask =] I will gladly answer your questions and post them in this very writing =D Feedback please. And read my "legends" epic poems to understand more.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oo, this sounds very interesting! You have a really cool, and creative imagination- like me! I thought that this was really cool! I liked how you explained what a legend is!

Posted 14 Years Ago


You've created your own beautiful world, haven't you?
Lovely, lovely.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This a very good and elaborate explanation of a legend. You have great imagination. It's like an instruction piece to become a legend. It's nice of you to create a background information for your epic poems. Great explanation. Good Job, friend.

Keep Writing. ^___^

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 20, 2009
Last Updated on April 20, 2009

Author

Vincent A. Beasley
Vincent A. Beasley

Texarkana, TX



About
A Pic of me playing my bass on stage HI, my name is Vincent "Alex" Beasley. I'm tall, I have brown hair and I'm REALLY skinny. My interests are: Playing bass, reading manga, listening to A LOT.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..