StarStorm: Chapter 2

StarStorm: Chapter 2

A Story by Alex W.
"

if you like this, I'll put some more up.

"

The next morning, as soon as it’s a reasonable time to get up (a.k.a 5:30), I go to Chief Shea, and ask for the next week off.  It’s going to take more than just today to explain what happened to change my life.  Then, I meet everyone else in the café, and, once everyone’s comfortable, I begin.

It all started on July 12, 2010, it was a Monday.  It was around 4 in the afternoon, and I had just taken my dog outside, when I heard a car drive down the street.  It was going relatively fast, I could tell by the sound, when I suddenly came to a screeching stop.  I, being the inquisitive teenager I am, turned to see what had made the speeding car come to such a sudden halt.

That’s when I noticed a van was in my driveway.  It was all black, and all the windows were shaded.  I was expecting some men in black to hop out and arrest me, when a woman stepped gracefully out of the side door.  She was about 25, had bright red hair, blue eyes, must have been about 5’6”, and a nice face.  She walked up to me and said, “Are you Anneliese Prezlocki?”  I nodded my head.  I was sure I had never seen this woman in my life, and I was wondering how she knew my name.

She handed me the envelope, I looked at it.  There was my name and address, written in a neat hand, but in a way that suggested that whoever wrote it wrote that way a lot.  There was no return address.  I looked up, to ask the woman about it, but she and the van were gone.

I looked back at the envelope, I put it in my pocket and headed back inside, my dog at my heals.  Once inside, I head straight to my room.  It is obvious that my dad didn’t hear or see any of what just happened outside and I’m glad he didn’t.  As soon as I get to my room, I shut the door all the way and turn up my radio.  After I’m sure my dad doesn’t suspect anything, I open the letter, and this is what it said.

 

Dear Anneliese Prezlocki,

If you are reading this letter, then you are in grave danger.  All you know is a lie.  You are not like your peers, and neither is Phedra Benoit or Max Dosluogu.  You are StarStorm quality.  Hello, my name is Chria Porkornowski, and I am the social director here at StarStorm, you met me, I am the one who delivered this letter.  StarStorm is a school for very talented young adults, not only in academics, but overall.  We are sure that you would make an excellent addition to our team.  If you chose to accept, please e-mail us at: (sorry, this information is classified), and we will send a private jet over right away to get you.  Thank you for your time and consideration in this delicate matter.

Yours Truly,

Chria Pokornowski

Chria Porkornowski Social Director, StarStorm

 

Now what was I supposed to make of that?  There were no details, where or when, and no main point except, come to our so-called school and learn.  So, I talked to my parents.  As it turned out, they had known for years.

They had been notified when I got into City Honors that I was special, and they were going to tell me, but just hadn’t had the time.  They gave me permission to go, and I e-mailed Chria Porkornowski at: (oops, still classified, but you can e-mail me at: [email protected]).  Soon, a private jet picked me up, and I went to their headquarters, in New York City.

There, I officially met Chria Porkornowski, and she gave me a tour of the place.  There was a gym and a pool and a sky deck and a shopping mall, and I got an unlimited credit card.  The week I spent there was a week in heaven, but like all good things, it had to end.

Not long after I got there, my friend, Phedra Beonit, arrived.  I was glad I finally had someone to talk to.  But, as soon as Max Dosluogu got there, we were on our way.  We left New York at dawn on June 21, 2010, it was a Thursday.

© 2010 Alex W.


Author's Note

Alex W.
tell me if you like this, or else i won't put anymore online.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Added on March 24, 2010
Last Updated on March 24, 2010

Author

Alex W.
Alex W.

Buffalo, NY



About
i'm insane more..

Writing