Justice Is Balance

Justice Is Balance

A Story by Wrenegade
"

"The words 'I am...' are potent words; be careful what you hitch them to. The thing you're claiming has a way of reaching back and claiming you." --A. L. Kitselman

"

I am an agent of chaos.

I am hot water and a long dress, unwanted touches and pale flesh.  I am me.  I am you.  I am her.  I'm the youth old men miss bad enough to take it in the only way they know how.  I am dusty fabric.  I am the olive drab of his eyes, the apple to his arrow.  I'm a trophy; I'm ashamed.

There are images that keep me up at night; thoughts that spread through my mind in a way that can only be compared to blood through water-- contaminating, dangerous, everywhere.

(I am always right.)

I hear voices, words, memories, worries, futures, and they all sicken me, they all make my head ache like bread pudding, like darts in corkboard and broken bones on ice.  

                    I'm not.
                    I'm not.
                    I'm not.
                    I'm
NOT.

I am the sick, slick slip of hot desire between my thighs. I am the reek of garbage rot and beer can memories.  I am his saliva, thick and yellow-white; I glisten like his eyes.  I thought I was brave.  I am not brave.

© 2008 Wrenegade


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on December 29, 2008

Author

Wrenegade
Wrenegade

CA



About
I'm eighteen, female, nosy, sexual, snarky, shy, outgoing, bitter, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. I love women - not so sure about men. I like to hang out in the romance section of bookstores and lau.. more..

Writing
Jamie Jamie

A Poem by Wrenegade