Meditating Lord Nocturne

Meditating Lord Nocturne

A Story by
"

Best read with the song "Universal Highness - Thievery Corporation". If you cannot find this song, try "Orinoco Flow - Enya"

"

It was a nocturnal ambient color of midnight blue all around. The moon is full and lights a faint blue glow over the snowy clearing in the middle of what looks like a Swiss forest. Human colors and depictions, like Swiss paintings, seem to be infatuated with the quarter moon, carrying forth pale complexions and slim frames.

This is where I shall rest today, as I lie on the snow, devoid of its intense coolness as it turns to a pleasant sensation. Look above, towards where winter trees worship, and what is beyond, ungraspped infinity. Each star has witnessed miracles in this clearing, countless miracles, with strange images flowing through.

This is, after all, the mortal depiction of heaven, in its tranquil, reflective state, as the snow reflects infinity from above. This is where we float.

This is where the Meditating Lord once received sages and worshippers. Unimaginable stories of their purest devotion has brought forth gifts out of love. Love to God has always been two ways, and yet we are still loved even when we don't.

But the Meditating Lord has never left his abode. And still meditates, in his trance and in all calmness the universe is orchestrated with precision and beauty unimaginable.

Where I lie rests the feet of the Meditating Lord, the base where the universe worship.

Looking up in the universe, each star whispers a story, lyrical, poetic, divine.

Such vastness, as infinity is reflecting infinity. I float and ponder, awaiting new insights in this clearing, high above the mountain, overlooking the entire creation, the entire universe.

Such beauty has motivated the Meditating Lord to smile...

 

 

© 2008


Author's Note

Not really a story, but not a poem format either, some rather unique hybrid or essay perhaps.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Written in such beautiful stillness of spirit.
Although the entire write brims with love, I was deeply touched by the following:

Where I lie rests the feet of the Meditating Lord, the base where the universe worship.
Looking up in the universe, each star whispers a story, lyrical, poetic, divine.

Thank you,Haresh

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

That was beautiful!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Placid serenity thoughts.Such is the moment when we call it mortal dedication and the abode spirit smiles.Bless you.I wish there were more.Thought provoking and interesting which engulf me with full of Love for the universe.For once letting me forget the suffering cries of war and people.
Thank you so much for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the style of your story/poem hybrid...it has a calming influence and the words just flow effortlessly...beautifully written

Posted 15 Years Ago


Beautiful. This reminds me of Brahman floating in a sea of universes. A picture I used to have from my tennage days in the Hare Krsnas!! We need to create more spaces like this..........

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Now, this is a peferct story writing.. I simply love your metaphors.. My favorite part was "This is, after all, the mortal depiction of heaven, in its tranquil, reflective state, as the snow reflects infinity from above. This is where we float." ---oh my goodness, hmm I bathe in those words...I love your metaphysical vision. It seems you are more buddhistic influenced than hinduistic? hmm I love them both.. and all ancient philosophies.. perfect writing!

Hello Haresh, thank you so much for reviewing Narcotic Love... much appreciated.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The crafty form works excellent for what is being contemplated, I thoroughly enjoyed reading the details
as well as what draws insight to surface, as the meaning expresses itself with uplifting effect, in ways of

reflective inspiration, the item which drew this writing to existance, the statue of Nocturne and passionate
feelings which were evoked by the respected deity's wisdom and character quality when it's paid homage.

the verses flow very nicely- with images to match- leaves the reader with a feeling of added knowledge.
Take Care, Mike


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

prayer at it's finest

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved this! And I didn't understand what you meant by your review when you said "you should chose a song to go along with the poem" until I saw your piece. I couldn't find the first song, so I listened to Enya's song. It gives an AMAZING ambience. Overall it's all very enchanting, somehow similar to my poem, you know, same theme, same concept. I liked it a lot :) Very interesting.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

"Such vastness, as infinity is reflecting infinity. I float and ponder, awaiting new insights in this clearing, high above the mountain, overlooking the entire creation, the entire universe."

What a wonderful thought to just float and ponder the universe in all it's majesty. You have outdone yourself. I find myself wishing for this place and this level of peace. What an amazing piece of work. Bravo!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I've seen this format called a prose poem, and I think the name is appropriate in this case. Not really prose, not really a poem, but with elements from both.

I liked the mythological aspect of this piece. The lack of emotion in the writing fits the solemn Lord meditating. the single shred of emotion appears at the end as he smiles, satisfied in his creation.

This works for me! Thanks!


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

898 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 10, 2008
Last Updated on September 4, 2008

Author


Writing
Deep Forest Deep Forest

A Story by


 Tibet Tibet

A Story by



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Trio Trio

A Poem by Cardinal Robin


Confusion Confusion

A Poem by Ralphy