Catching Fire from One to the Next

Catching Fire from One to the Next

A Story by
"

A short bit about inspiration, inspired by the poetry of WritersCafe and PoppySilver especially.

"

Every wordsmith or any sort, be it spoken or written, has the age old problem of Writer's Block on occasion or all the time like myself. But what often breaks that dam of muse-silencing anti-creativity is the work of another artist. We learn best from those before us, and earn our styles from our favorite artists and a dash of our own fiddling about with it. Mother Nature inspires with her lovely work to many, even while the cruelty of men brings lines of darkness and reality to still others. From surrender and heartbreak, to death and life, healing and hurting to religion and power. Everything is an inspiration, but everyone has their own brand of muse-juice and everyone has different tastes.

 

War and peace bring about themes of good and evil, love and loss, honor and courage, cowardice and pride. Religion brings thoughts of gods, the afterlife, demons and angels. No matter what it is, it all comes from another artist to ourselves through reading, watching, listening, and even just thinking. There is nothing we can’t make of even the smallest drop of creativity.

Keep writing, keep rhyming, and keep reading.

 

-Taiylor Wallace

© 2011


Author's Note

This is not really a piece to be considered creative work... Just a bit about inspiration and a sort of informal thanks to the great writers and artists out there for the inspiration they provide.

-Taiylor Wallace

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on August 20, 2011
Last Updated on August 20, 2011

Author


Writing
Born This Way Born This Way

A Poem by


A Deal is A Deal A Deal is A Deal

A Poem by