~ Midnight Waltz

~ Midnight Waltz

A Poem by
"

~ Another Dance by Midnight Moon...

"




~ Midnight Waltz

 

 

 

There were strange things going to happen

On the early eve of midnight moon,

Voices were heard, footsteps were felt

They lived, in this gorgeous ballroom.

 

His feet moved before hers, so she followed

Silver sound waves, they danced with grace

The dusty air, the marble floor

Hands together, their love--the space.

 

But then their faces slowly changed

Like life could be over, at any time

As darkness fell, between of them

Death called in, but it felt fine.

 

And so just with every midnight moon

They danced their waltz, until the day came in,

While music played from the gramophone

Their love was timeless, without skin.

 

 

 

~ Elisa Laura

© 2015


Author's Note

Enjoy the dance of Midnight Moon... -xx- :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This one was absolutely fascinating to me. The visualization of the ballroom was immaculate. Grand with only the midnight moon shining in, illuminating the crystals on the chandelier and perfect resonance so that music fills the entire room equally, so they can dance throughout.
And then the couple themselves morphed in my mind at your words, first young and beautiful. As their faces changed I imagined them growing older and wrinkled, still dancing as though hypnotized by the music.
And finally without skin, ghosts, still dancing away every night at midnight to their waltz.

I don't know if that is how you envisioned it, but it was gorgeous. And the rhyme and flow was also flawless.

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

You are very welcome, the story in this was such a gift!

9 Years Ago

:) I'm so happy to have you by my friend! ((HUGS)) thank you so much.
Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

The feeling is mutual dear! Hugs back!



Reviews

I really admire your perfect style here and verses! Reminds me of an old Romantic scene of two beloved Vampires, who dance together. It`s incredible. I love the way you bring the dance alive and rhythm alive. I feel the whole atmosphere of the ball room, and the two lost souls, who found each other...This waltz is eternal, as it`s much more than life and death. They never can lose each other now, they are out of the cover of body...Wonderful!

:: nour ::

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Enchanting and mesmerizing! You are like the moon visiting my imagination.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

9 Years Ago

Thank you for another great comment Alfread, I so appreciate it Sir. :)

9 Years Ago

* Alfred sorry.... typed too fast.
A gentle and ethereal poem; this was a dance that lingered... Beautiful, Elisa.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

9 Years Ago

Aw, thank you Rita, for being here. Glad you enjoyed :)
So beautiful and dreamlike. A vivid fantasy in a poem. Well penned, friend. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

9 Years Ago

Thank you so so much Jetta, it's good to have you by! -xx-
I see this as a scene from a silent movie.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

9 Years Ago

Thank you Kenneth, again wow... yes, that's indeed an option "YOU" make me think of now, thank you.
"While music played from the gramophone

Their love was timeless, without skin."~ I am in love with these lines, Sis...

How enchanting it is to be swept away by the midnight moon and the music...
How sad it is to know it will soon end within the daylight hours...sigh...

This resonates the pulse of love and life...
Beautifully penned, Sis!~xoxo~:)




Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

9 Years Ago

Do you see them? I do, and everytime they dance... I hope to be like this after death. :) (the ole d.. read more
Oh wow.. the vivid imagery of the ballroom with thwo lovers dancing in midnight... slowly they age and meet their demise but still their soul haunts the ballroom.. They still dance to the hypnotic rhythm of the midnight moon for rest of eternity.. Your words just come alive.. Giving the reader a charming picture..

~Sophy

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

9 Years Ago

Thank you dear one, I'm glad you enjoyed this one, and found it hypnotic. I will come back for you a.. read more
Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

You're welcome muchly ;) ★xoxo★

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Sophy! means much! -xxx- :)
This piece, as are all of yours, is beautifully written. I am confused a bit by the third line in the third stanza. "As darkness fell, just between of them", in perticular the word of. It does'nt seem to fit in the context for which you're using it. I believe I understand what you're trying to do by omitting (the two). I think I would try to reword that line. I'd use the same syllable count to maintain flow. I really do like the piece though. It also reminds me a bit of The Sixth Sense. I can certainly imagine ghosts Waltzing by moonlight, be it in a grand ball room or simply in the courtyard of some royal palace. Wonderful.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much, I will try to change it, later when I'm home. Thanks for the help my friend. :)
realmwriter

9 Years Ago

I would just omitt the word "just and simply add [the two] before "of", it maintains the syllable co.. read more
I never felt this way before, since I watched the movie the 6th sense... This is amazingly penned and portrayed... Keep em coming

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

9 Years Ago

Thank you Ken, for your words, time, and review, I'm glad you felt it....
Ah, Elisa! The visuals had me nodding and smiling (alone, geez) in astonishment. The last day, I was craving for a poem that has something to do with dancing and wow, this fed my soul and my mind. So beautiful. This made me envision such place where sacred silence resides yet there's that soft music indulging the noiseless air of the area. I totally enjoyed this one.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

9 Years Ago

Oh Thrinna, thank you so much, I can't believe you had the same thoughts, (feelings) maybe I'm so pl.. read more
Thea

9 Years Ago

You're always welcome, Elisa~ /hugs/ ^^

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much!! again sweet friend ((HUGS)) ^^

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1143 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on July 24, 2014
Last Updated on August 9, 2015
Tags: Elisa Laura, E.L. Surreal, Fictional, Fantasy, Death, Skeletons, Life, Dance, Old, Waltz, Love, Living, Feeling, Accepting

Author


Writing
~ Listen ~ Listen

A Poem by



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~ Illusions? ~ Illusions?

A Poem by