Trip

Trip

A Story by
"

Memoir

"
My feet grip the pavement as I reach for something, anything to hold onto. I stop to steady myself as I try to remember the last few days, but all I come up with is a blur of moments that don't connect. I feel like I've been walking for days, with every step I take, I leave my life behind. Everything's fallen apart, and my life has shattered to insignificant flecks on the sidewalk. The trees seem to sway with the wind I no longer feel.
The feelings I once had, are gone. I've been living in a world full of colors that don't exist. Solidarity has taught me to be numb. It's taught me to feel nothing but the ground I walk on. This world means nothing anymore.
People, the people I left behind, are now fragments of my fucked up mind. They're parts that make up a greater story that would mean nothing to anyone but me. Finally, as I walk down this lonely road, I've figured out I'm all I need.
The aspirations I once had have only grown stronger from this, for it's all I have to live for anymore. I dream of making something out of myself, to hold pride in what I'll do. Before this, dreams meant nothing, and suddenly, it's everything I've got to hold. 

© 2011


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on October 5, 2011
Last Updated on October 5, 2011

Author


Writing
Other Self Other Self

A Poem by


Appear Appear

A Story by


Cell Death Cell Death

A Poem by