Day After Day

Day After Day

A Poem by

He cries himself to sleep while the radio plays depressing beats.

What’s so sweet about these lifeless treats that are set in our lives like concrete?

He walks alone down his lonely street waiting for the day to repeat more senseless defeat.

The same thought repeats in his head asking himself when his life will be complete.

He keeps his feelings discreet in case of mistreatment from his pawns of deceit.

He feels obsolete with no more games to play, his arms secrete and his mind pushed in the backseat.

 

He’s tired of all the backs turned; tired of the way his heart’s been burned.

There are no more lessons to be learned, he has no more awards left to be earned.

His mind twisted in lies, broken ties, and his over sized bruised eyes facing up into the gray skies.

What will end his pain? What ends the draining of his veins, ending the razors reign?

He’s stuck in the main lane waiting for his blood to drain to end his strained pain.

Yet he remains in the world, we ask what he wants to obtain, and his answer’s always the same.

“I want to end the suffering, the pain, of all those who feel this way. For those who don’t know how to

pray or those who feel astray in a world filled with dismay.” That’s all he has to say day after day.

© 2014


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

That's really sad but well written. I hope it's fictional.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 21, 2014
Last Updated on April 21, 2014
Tags: a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z

Author


Writing
Short Poem #2 Short Poem #2

A Poem by


Short Poem #1 Short Poem #1

A Poem by


*** ***

A Poem by