Maybe I Do

Maybe I Do

A Poem by

You're wrapped all around my heart holding the broken pieces together.
I'm falling to my knees in the heart strings that hold me to you as a tether. 
The love I feel for you chips away pieces of me that are old and replaces it with new.
I feel like the world hates me but my perspective change when I'm with you.
All my life my one goal has been to find the one who holds everything I desire.
Was this written in the stars, this passion I feel for you like the heat of a burning fire?

You've unlocked the chain that bounds me to pain with your skeleton key.
All along I've been lost, stranded in the endless waves of a dangerous sea.
I used to hide away in the flood of my blood pouring from my veins.
I'm no longer a useless dud that relies on the puncture of skin for my pains.
You've brought me back from the curse of depression I've been living in.
Now it's time to give my skin a chance to heal and escape what life has been.

It's not much to say that I might love you,
But it's so much more to prove that maybe I do.

© 2014


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The question of love is time together and two people trying their best to make it.
"It's not much to say that I might love you,
But it's so much more to prove that maybe I do."
I like the above line. Proving love make the love true and balanced. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 22, 2014
Last Updated on May 22, 2014
Tags: a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z

Author


Writing
Short Poem #2 Short Poem #2

A Poem by


Short Poem #1 Short Poem #1

A Poem by


*** ***

A Poem by