Love War

Love War

A Poem by

She suffers the pain of watching you love someone who isn't her.

She stays up all night imagining what life would be if you were together.

She smiles when thinking about your arms around her and the sound of your laugh,

But she remembers that you belong to someone else, and her heart breaks in half.

 

She watches from a distance as she buries the way you make her feel.

She wishes she could get you alone and fix the aching pain and begin to heal,

But that girl is a leech attached to your heart, blocking anyone else from getting in.

Once again she has lost everything she thought she loved, and she marks her skin.

 

 She wakes up every morning with tears in her pretty blue eyes,

She’s learned to hide her feelings with the perfect disguise.

A fake smile here, a little giggle there, she never loved him, she’d swear.

All the lies she told herself were bringing her closer and closer to a tragic despair.

 

After years of chasing you down, she’s finally given up everything she aimed for.

You finally proposed to your leech, now her heart’s not only sore,

She’s fallen to the floor in a puddle of gooey red gore.

Her feelings have never been so torn, now she’s going into a self-fought war.

After years of nonstop adoration, she has never hated you more.

All the love she felt has been buried into her hearts core.

 

The first few years of marriage were great, but now it’s like the leech is done.

The leech leaves you for a younger man, escaping to Vegas for some naughty fun.

You feel like your heart has been spun out and you've been shot by a gun.

You remember the day you told the leech she was the one, but not now in the long run.

 You remember that girl who always smiled at you and giggled uncontrollably when you were around.

You search for her throughout the old town, but she’s nowhere to be found.

Your heart breaks as you realized she was the one, and you threw her love on the dirty ground.

What will you do now, when your heart is boiled down and you’re lost all broken down?

 

A year later you’re roaming the streets looking for something to fill you with joy.

You take a sharp turn and smack into a pretty dark haired girl who looks familiar.

Her eyes widen as she remembers who you are, and what you once destroyed.

You smile and she looks away nervously, into her ear you whisper, “I've missed you.”

She looks up angrily, voice like death, eyes of a killer, she screams at you,

“You broke my heart!” and her tears start rolling down her pretty face.

She drops the bags she’d been holding, only then you notice her tummy grew.

Immediately her hands cup her rounded belly as you stare in that one place.

 

 

She told you about her husband, how he stitched up her heart after it fell apart,

How she’d never wanted to feel again, but he’d given her the chance to have a fresh start.

She showed you the beautiful marks she’d created on her arms that became her art.

You tell her about the fall of your marriage, how the Leech wasn't what you wanted.

You told her she was always what you needed, and now you feel haunted by the past.

She hugs you hard telling you that it’s all over, she’s finally moved passed it all.

 

You exchange numbers, but she made it pretty clear she doesn't want you anymore.

You feel empty inside, and you realize this is how you made her feel before.

© 2014


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on June 30, 2014
Last Updated on July 4, 2014
Tags: a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z

Author


Writing
Short Poem #2 Short Poem #2

A Poem by


Short Poem #1 Short Poem #1

A Poem by


*** ***

A Poem by