The Cat and The Pit Bull

The Cat and The Pit Bull

A Story by

Every single day the cat meowed a friendly hello to her entire family, including the old Pit Bull that terrorized the household. She'd always be there to offer a sympathetic purr or a warm cuddle buddy. She never begged for food or complained about her litter box being a little dirty. She meowed her "please" and "thank you's" and managed to always compliment while never judging. 
The Pit Bull, on the other hand, was nothing but a nuisance. He constantly barked at anyone who passed him, and growled when anyone so much as looked at him. He'd always whine at the dinner table, begging for scraps even though he'd already eaten. He never thanked anyone for gifts or for opening the door for him. He voiced his negative opinions quite loudly. 
One day, while the cat was basking on the windowsill, the Pit Bull was scratching on the front door, yelping. When their human finally opened the door for the Pit Bull to go play, he nipped at the humans feet, causing a laceration by accident. Instead of feeling remorse as he should, the Pit Bull jumped up and down gladly and advanced out the door to play. 
The cat leaped up to comfort the human while she cried out for help. As soon as the human was situated, the cat finally laid down to rest, completely forgetting about the Pit Bull. . .
The cat woke up the next morning to find the Pit Bull and all his belongings vanished. The cat went searching for him throughout the house, but he was nowhere to be seen. Approaching her human, the cat meowed quizzically. "Don't worry kitty," the human said. "Pit Bull was too rude and obnoxious to keep around."

© 2015


Author's Note

A fable for my College English class with the theme of "Politeness is a good investment."

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on October 15, 2015
Last Updated on October 17, 2015
Tags: a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z

Author


Writing
Short Poem #2 Short Poem #2

A Poem by


Short Poem #1 Short Poem #1

A Poem by


*** ***

A Poem by