The Policeman, the candle and the wind

The Policeman, the candle and the wind

A Poem by
"

My Law Enforcement instructor wrote this quote on the board one day and I still havent forgotten it.

"

The police officer is walking his beat, thinking about his aching feet.

That isn’t all he thought about, he was also thinking how the wind blew his candle out.

It’s the candle that everyone should keep lit, it is the one we should never forget.

It is the candle of the mind, we should always protect.

It must be guarded, from the wicked evident.

The wind is anger, it always certain to bring danger.

It moves quickly without a sound, it moves violently without a dout.

The police officer remembered that night that he created the clear and present danger.

Still walking on the beat with his aching feet, he met some men who were in a bicker it only made him sicker.

He stopped to see the men, were fighting over a political jamboree.

They began to pull back some fists and fight only to be stopped by the policeman’s plight.

He asked if they would listen to some words which he had forgotten.

To the policeman’s surprise, the men agreed with compliance.

The policeman said “Anger is the wind that blows out the candle of the mind.”

© 2012


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the final quote. I enjoyed the story in the poem. Leading the reader into a good tale with a very good ending. Anger doesn't assist any situation. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is my favorite quote. I wanted to wirte a poem based on it. I would appreciate any helpful reviwe's as to how to write the story a little better.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

352 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 6, 2012
Last Updated on April 4, 2012
Tags: candle, wind, anger, police officer, policeman

Author


Writing
Real enemy ver. 2 Real enemy ver. 2

A Poem by


Words....... Words.......

A Poem by


Fall Fall

A Poem by