The dragon and the ginger bread house

The dragon and the ginger bread house

A Story by DRAGO
"

this is really folklore, except I adapted it.

"
The dragon crept along the dusty road, he was starving. He had not eaten in ten years, his ribs were sticking out, and his stomach woke a nearby village. Soon he came upon an old man. Oh how he wanted to eat him, but he resisted. The man said, "come to my house, I have no food for you, but you may rest." The dragon said, "No thank you." And so the kept walking. In time, he came to a wood, dark, and thick. And did he stop, no. He went through, sometimes following a path, sometimes making one. Then he spied a clearing, so he walked over to it. In the clearing was a large candy house. Obviously, he took a large bite out of it. Now this dragon was very old, and very large. So it is understandable that an old witch, I mean lady, came out and started yelling at him. "Don't eat me out of house and home, come in, and I'll feed you." So the dragon came inside. All day, the old lady toiled to feed him, and half the night, while the dragon slept, she oversaw the construction of a large cage, and an even larger oven. Weeks past, and the dragon was very happy:) But on the 13th second of the 13th minute of the 13th hour of the 13th day he had been living with her, The dragon was rousted out of his sleeping place by a platoon of hired mercenaries, and brought to his newly constructed cage. There he was starved for years, with no water. She wanted age dried dragon. So years later, he was taken from his cage and brought to the large oven.  He was backed for one month. When he was brought out on an iron plate, he simply ate the old lady and her house. She forgot he was a dragon. 
-lol

© 2016 DRAGO


Author's Note

DRAGO
hope you like it

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Haha, this was a pretty enjoyable read. There was a lot of nice, fairy tale build up to a funny, unexpected punchline. I think if you revisited this with an editor's eye and a desire to develop some of the ideas here, you would end up with a great little story -- maybe a children's book? Thanks for sharing this gem of an idea!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very nice read :) I enjoyed it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DRAGO

6 Years Ago

thanks..............
Haha, this was a pretty enjoyable read. There was a lot of nice, fairy tale build up to a funny, unexpected punchline. I think if you revisited this with an editor's eye and a desire to develop some of the ideas here, you would end up with a great little story -- maybe a children's book? Thanks for sharing this gem of an idea!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I would love to this extended as a longer story. It could be a cool fable or something.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DRAGO

7 Years Ago

thanks-----------------
DRAGO

7 Years Ago

I think I will try that

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
3 Reviews
Added on December 4, 2016
Last Updated on December 4, 2016

Author

DRAGO
DRAGO

About
school is started, so I may not be on much that includes read requests I am changing my name to DRAGO if you have time please do and share this pole https://goo.gl/WP4ztm I'm awesome, I .. more..

Writing
Grave revenge Grave revenge

A Screenplay by DRAGO


screams screams

A Poem by DRAGO