Love In A Week

Love In A Week

A Story by WritingTyme
"

A sudden emotion took me over.

"
Love in a week. Who thought it possible? Well, perhaps not quite love. A feeling that one cannot, even in their wildest dreams, hope to capture. Love? 
Here I sit on a boat, contemplating a lost time, and a lost thought. The boat swayed back and forth gently, soothing my troubled mind. A dwindling flam brightened my contemplation. Though, this flame blazes upon seeing her. A large wave rocked the boat, my peaceful swaying interrupted. The forbidden fruit may be the sweetest, yes, but I do not know. I cannot allow myself to know, to taste. Many dreams have come from my thoughts, but that thin line between reality and fantasy is too dangerous to cross. Bananas, oranges, apples, all types of fruit have fallen at my feet, but this one has me down on the ground with it.
Some time has passed since our first words, but they still echo in my head. I lie. I hide. I disguise the truth with shaded words. Words that would falter in the face of the feeling that I must hide them from. I cannot speak with the passion I desire, because they do not know. They just don't not understand what it's like to find pure beauty. Beauty that one can experience.
I write this to capture this feeling. Now, I must be clear. I do not fear its disappearance. I only fear a shift. A shift in the way my mind, body, and very being reacts to the thought of another moment with her. Agh! I must stop.
Another wave crashes against the side. This bring my attention to the boat itself, and out of my head once again. The walls of the boat surround me, but the few spots rust are what catch my eye. The white fades away as a background to the few blemishes on its surface.
So curious, so driven by desire and things unknown to billions. Love, lust, compassion, none are lacking, all in abundance. I feel as though the time has come to admit that I have discovered a new species. No, no, no that is all foolish. Just because she loves, seeks, achieves passionately, none of this means that we are all at fault, or different even. If humanity reached its potential we would all be like this fruit. What makes her beautiful is that she glistens in the sun, and she appreciates her journey through life. The rest of us are fine going through life, only to be eaten at the end, left wondering.
She is forbidden. If I did not know otherwise I would assume that she is forbidden to all.
I feel inspired, driven. A force is compelling me to reach higher, farther, harder, than these scarred arms have before. When a single being can make another feel like this. When a single being can make another want to experience life as a passionate journey, and everyday as an adventure that doesn't end until the blankets cover their exhausted, yet satisfied body. What are they to do? They have no choice. They fold their royal flush, they take a knee, they raise their white flag when moments before they had won. They fall, and fall, and fall. Until they land. Softly. Onto an unforgiving terrain with the slightest give. 
They fall in love.

© 2017 WritingTyme


Author's Note

WritingTyme
This is my first post! Be honest! An emotion took me over, and I did what I always do. I wrote. I figured it would be nice to share some of my works just to see what it would be like.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on March 22, 2017
Last Updated on March 22, 2017

Author

WritingTyme
WritingTyme

Swan's Island, ME



Writing