Acceptance is Golden

Acceptance is Golden

A Screenplay by Wu's Legion Allah-Fernandez
"

For Mina, all she wanted was a nice evening out at a party. But, after meeting the host of the party and their "divine" inhabits. Mina's world will be rocked by a ride awakening.

"
INT. BALL ROOM - WALL - NIGHT

A glamour style ballroom is filled to the brim with people.

Plastered on the walls, are DIOS DE LOS MUERTOS party favors.

Along one of the few spaces in the room, stands MINA, mid 20s,Thicc biracial queen, future punk style, raven hair. She’s alone--people watching.

Her attention is focused on the cheaply done party favors. No one else seems to mind but her.

The air is heavy, filled with vape clouds, which fog her field of vision.

She takes a whiff and gives off a slight smile. She looks over, reaches in her pocket and pulls out her vape, its dead.

With no vape to smoke, MINA sighs in disappointment. She continues to subjectively observe the PARTY GOERS.

To her left, she overhears a stimulating conversation, her ears perk towards that direction, its screams for her to tag in.

She doesn’t.

INT. BALL ROOM - LOUNGE AREA - NIGHT

Two random PARTY GOERS, Party GOERS #1, Late 20s , Bohemian vibe, with cosmic purple hair, styled in a circular bun, sips his Bloody Mary. He rebuttals from Party GOERS #2 ,30, Trans man, GQ esque style, esoteric tattoos, philosophic conversation.

PARTY GOER #1
I don’t think so man--

PARTY GOER #1 puts his drink on his head. It balances with mythical ease.

PARTY GOER #1
I think societies standards are the problem. Think about it! These rules that are placed not only limits our creativity--

MINA, reaches out to chime in-- the words just won’t come out.

PARTY GOER #1
Let alone being comfortable with our selves and the interconnectivity we have with the cosmos.

A silver glow sparks around PARTY GOER #1. MINA, taken aback, notices this little glitch.

Confused, she musters the gumption to question him about this. She is stopped by a firm, yet familiar grasp.

(O.S.)
Mina!

MINA looks at the familiar arm. It none other that her bestie from another testes,KOREY, mid 20s, multicolored locks, Harajuku/Rainbow Bright attire, a little buzzed, approaches her.

KOREY
You have to check out Lucifer.

MINA smiles, then take a second to view her BFF, drenched in blood. KOREY pays it no mind and continues to bombard MINA of her new friend.

KOREY
They’re doing this whole “GOD is a huge dick,” bit--It’s f*****g hilarious!

MINA, fed up with KOREY bypassing her bloody dress, decides to spark the conversation.

MINA
Dude, is that-- it can’t be-- is that f*****g blood!?

Korey observers her dress, she shrugs it off.

MINA, just getting it, realizes the name that so easily slid out of KOREY’s mouth.

MINA
Wait--did you say Lucifer?

Korey smiles.

KOREY
Oh, this?

Korey chuckles, as if she’s apart of some inside joke.

KOREY
Don’t sweat, Luci accidentally made one of the guests explode--their fine now.

Confused, MINA squints her eyes, her mouth opens, yet she remains at a loss for words.

After an awkward pause, Mina responds

MINA
Luci?

Korey in a matter of fact tone replies.

KOREY
They prefer it.

MINA
They?

KOREY shakes her head, places her arm around MINA, and guides her through the crowd of eclectic PARTY GOERS.

KOREY
I’ll just introduce you.



INT. BALL ROOM - SOCIAL AREA - NIGHT

Making their way through the crowd, MINA notices the room swirling. The PARTY GOERS, who are either in a dance trance, conversing or just--exist, begin to glow in a multi- range of hues. Like, picture if a rainbow took peyote and barfed everywhere, thats what MINA sees, and she is quite overloaded.

MINA
Don’t you notice anything weird, here?

Korey leans her head against MINA, nuzzles, and whispers into her hear.

MINA
Your sweating the small stuff.

MINA shifts her weight to push KOREY away. Korey does not compute the invasion of personal space.

(O.S.)
KO-KO!

A voice calls to KOREY, her demeanor perks up.

KOREY
LUCI!! It been what--

KOREY mimes a look at her pretend watch.

KOREY
Ten thousand seconds?




INT. BALL ROOM - SOCIAL AREA - COUCH - NIGHT

Luci, non-binary,30s, wearing the most gaudy yet undeniably fashionable vest suit, sits at the couch.

They reach in their pocket to unveil a priceless pocket watch. The make is on a caliber that one percenters would die to have in their collection.

LUCI
Actually, you’re on the--



LUCI swings the pocket watch around their finger. Stopping it in a swift, fluid motion.

LUCI
Thirty Sixth Paths--to be exact.

LUCI, gives a devilish grin.

Their teeth are sharp, yet it does not stop the warmth of their smile.

They** **bring their attention to MINA.

LUCI
So, you must be the indestructibly bodacious--Mina Carthwright!

LUCI, abrupt, stands up with open arms.

LUCI
How the HELL are ya?

MINA takes a second to process that four letter word. A eureka explosion, goes off above her head.

SERIES OF SHOTS - MINA DEDUCES HER SURROUNDINGS

-MINA looks to a cheerful Korey.

-She looks to the technicolor PARTY GOERS.

- BUDDHA gives a piece sign, while passing blunts to his “followers.”

- SARASWATI pulls down her glasses 80s style.

-MINA brings her attention back to the vibrant LUCI.

END OF SERIES OF SHOTS

MINA
Are we in HELL!?

INT. BALL ROOM - NIGHT

The PARTY GOERS stop what they are doing, their eyes are pinpointed on MINA.

MINA covers herself. The stares peer through her soul.

LUCI responds, pushing off the thought.

LUCI
Girl--f**k no!

LUCI throws their hands in the air with excitement.

LUCI
This is the AWAKENING baby!

PARTY GOERS, all cheer in celebration. The party is back to its version of normal.

LUCI sits back on the couch in a flawless fashion. Their breast jiggle as they** **adjust.

MINA catches a glimpse.

MINA (V.O.)
(In her head.)
Are Luci’s breast perkier than mine?

She stares at her chest, then back to LUCI, whom adjust one last time, revealing a rather *thick* member.

LUCI notices, and responds in a teas-in tone.

LUCI
Eyes up here luv--

LUCI points behind themself.

MINA, curious, looks in the direction.

INT. BALL ROOM - BAR - NIGHT

Over near the bar, three individuals YA, Black male, early 30s, long locks, afro futuristic vibe, his trans sister WEH, early 30s, bouncy curly hair, bronze skin, 90s bohemian hip hop style, sternly talking to their younger brother JÉSUS, 30s, light skinned, sharp goatee, wooly hair, hipster vibe.



LUCI (O.S.)


Less you want to end up like Ya, Weh, and their little brother Jésus.

INT. BALL ROOM - SOCIAL AREA - COUCH

MINA leans forward.

She looks around, checking to see if any is ease dropping.

She speaks softly.

MINA
Did you make them fight?

LUCI raises their eyebrow.

LUCI
Are you--no.

LUCI waves the thought away.

LUCI
I simply meant don’t be a party pooper. I mean come on--who argues at a cosmic awakening!?


LUCI purses their lips in retort to answering their own question.

LUCI


Though if it’s directed at Jésus, it only makes sense.

MINA, realizes just who JÉSUS is.

MINA
That’s Jesus.

MINA spirals. Her speech pattern is erratic.

MINA
I thought Jesus was Jewish!? Wait--aren’t Ya and Weh supposed to be one person?

A PARTY GOER gives LUCI a drink. Without looking, they grab it and take a sip. After a loud gulp, they answer in a *smooth-like-butter *tone.

LUCI
You’re sweating the small things darling-

LUCI pats the table in-front of them, signaling MINA to sit.

MINA, of absent mind, sits.

LUCI
Most humans have gotten all the stories wrong-

LUCI places the drink down.

LUCI
But you can thank the *simplicity *of the era for that. Well--that and Jésus’s martyrdom.

LUCI chuckles at their own snarky remark.

MINA’s breathing becomes heavy, the room spirals.

MINA
Okay--this is *way--*too intense...

LUCI on instinct, in a gentle manner, grasps her hands.

They breath/exhale in deep rhythmic motions.

MINA mimics LUCI, calming herself in the process.

LUCI
You gotta ground yourself luv--less ya want to go insane.

LUCI releases one hand from MINA.

They reach in their left pocket, to reveal a pill in the shape of a möbius loop. LUCI passes it to MINA

MINA, now calm, stares at the strange pill.

MINA
What is this?

INT. BALL ROOM - BEHIND MINA - NIGHT

KOREY, unbeknownst to MINA, in a mystical fashion, slides behind MINA.

KOREY
Trust them, it helps with the awakening.

MINA is startled, her heart, in a literal sense, jumps out of her chest, waves its fist at KOREY, then leaps back inside of her.

MINA wants to comment on the event that’d just taken place.

LUCI and KOREY shake their heads in a *don’t question it *motion.

MINA takes another second to process, she then responds to KOREY.

MINA
Please,don’t do that again.

KOREY shoots finger guns at MINA.

MINA turns her attention back to LUCI.

MINA
What if I refuse to take this?

LUCI
Then thats your choice. We all have them. It’s what guides us through the plethora of routes in our destiny.

MINA looks confused.

LUCI notices and continues to explain.

LUCI
Destiny isn’t singular, but multilayered. It’s not until you relinquish the ego, accepting, rather than control, does one start to understand the natural flow of self and the cosmos.

MINA pops the pill in her mouth.

She closes her eyes, waiting for *whatever* to happen.

A large gurgle from her stomach is heard through the entire ballroom.

MINA, abruptly opens her eyes, she purges a silver liquid from her orifices.

Tears stream from her eyes, as physical manifestations of her regret, fears, loneliness, and pain exit from her body.

Once done, MINA stares into the puddle.

For the first time, she sees her *authentic *self.

She glows a cosmic aura.

As she admires the change, her reflection shows her smiling.

INT. BALL ROOM - SOCIAL AREA - COUCH - NIGHT

LUCI, KOREY, THE DIETIES, and PARTY GOERS stare intently at MINA.

LUCI initiates a question.

LUCI
So, how do ya feel?

MINA looks up.

> FADE TO:BLACK

MINA (V.O.)
Real.

© 2020 Wu's Legion Allah-Fernandez


Author's Note

Wu's Legion Allah-Fernandez
How does the script make you feel? Are you transported to this world? Do you relate the characters?

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on September 14, 2020
Last Updated on September 14, 2020
Tags: Metaphysical, short film, comedy, esoteric, LBGTQ, Female Lead

Author

Wu's Legion Allah-Fernandez
Wu's Legion Allah-Fernandez

About
Just a genderqueer trans AMAB, who writes metaphysical/esoteric world's. On the path to cosmic-celestial-sage-hood. Currently working on two graphic novels and a text adventure game! Pronouns I enj.. more..