Pacing

Pacing

A Poem by James S
"

I started out talking about the corruption of Nature by mankind but after a while I just started writing down random stuff in my head that sounded poignant.

"

As I pace restless between two posts I think on the corruption of nature by civilization. 

A behemoth of concrete and brick lie before me.

The river had many connections.

In the tops of the invisible trees of my mind dance elves and fairies, a gypsy wake celebrating the former lives of blutaparon rigidum, nesiota elliptica, and many others.

I pace endlessly with a troubled mind, eventually reaching the second post and must turn around.

Inside my mind I feel many things: anger, fear, and an indescribable third emotion which plagues my nights.

The shadows around me colonize my thoughts and I am left blind.

The water flows over the bridge.

The rolling hills carry to the city new life.

I stand on the bridge gazing at the red and blue cardio-pulmonary system of Los Angeles traffic and weep tears of blood.

The river has new connections.

They cover the world with straight lines, if they could they would say it is flat.

People in white coats separate the elements with their cold apparatus.

The results feed them their limitless heresy. 

Their end will come, the dawn will break, in a cold winter’s night in Boston.

I return to the first post.

© 2015 James S


Author's Note

James S
I know this is probably crap. Please don't try to spare my feelings, I have a thick skin.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
MCS
I worry about the state of things too. We have not practiced good stewardship.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Added on June 17, 2015
Last Updated on June 18, 2015
Tags: Nature, random

Author

James S
James S

Olympia, WA



About
Hi, my name is James and I am new to poetry and don't know if I am any good. I signed up primarily to get some constructive criticism for my poems. I also write short stories, ( I just don't have the .. more..

Writing
The Compass The Compass

A Poem by James S