Rachel and Alexis

Rachel and Alexis

A Story by Ghost Writer

"Why are you such a b***h?"Alexis screamed at Rachel, tears starting to pool in her eyes.

"I'm not," Rachel said, cooly crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yes, you are. To me, to your family, to everyone else. Oh my gosh I swear it's like you can't stand people being happy," Alexis yelled at her, the tears finally falling.

"I don't care about people," Rachel yelled back.

 A crowd had started to form around them, now they were all looking at Alexis waiting for her to reply.

"Whatever Rachel," Alexis screamed, picking up her messenger bag and walking away.

"I care about you Alexis," Rachel screamed, at Alexis' quickly retreating back.

"Hi honey," Alexis' stepmom says cheerily, as Alexis stomps into the house and slams the door behind her.

"Yeah, hi Kaitlin," Alexis answered her, dropping her bag to the floor and throwing her now soaked raincoat onto the floor.

"You okay baby girl?" Kaitlin asked her, walking out of the kitchen.

"I'm fine,"Alexis tells her, wiping tears from her eyes.

"Are you sure baby?" Kaitlin asked, looking at Alexis with a concerned expression reminding her of her real mother.

"No,"Alexis sobs, walking into Kaitlins open arms.

"What happened baby?" Kaitlin asked, rubbing her back soothingly.

" Rachel Montgomery happened," Alexis, told her pulling away from her slowly.

"Do you want something to eat or a drink?" Kaitlin asked, kissing her forehead.

"Hot chocolate and rainbow cookies?" Alexis asked Kaitlin, looking up at her like a kicked puppy.

"Sure baby," Kaitlin said, walking Alexis into the kitchen. Ah the kitchen, the granate counter tops, stainless steal refrigerator, the gorgeous wooden cabinets and floor. Alexis, feels most comfortable in the itchen especially when Kaitlin is there.

"I'll start the hot chocolate, I made rainbow cookies earlier they are in the Yoda cookie jar,"Kaitlin tells Alexis, starting to boil the milk. The thing about Kaitlins hot chocolate is that she makes it from scratch and she always gives you rainbow cookies with it. Rainbow cookies might sound strange, but all they are is chocolate cookies with M&M's and Skittles in them.

"Mom, these cookies are always to die for," Alexis says, not noticing that she called Kaitlin mom.

"Thank you baby," Kaitlin says, ignoring the fact that Alexis called her mom for the first time since she told her father that she didn't want a new mom six years ago.

"I don't get why Rachel insists on fighting with me all the time," Alexis says, as Kaitlin sets a mug of hot chocolate in front of her.

"What was the problem today?"Kaitlin says, putting a handful of marshmallows into each of their cups.

" I called her a b***h, she denied it, she said she doesn't care about people, I said whatever, I walked away the usual,"Alexis tells Kaitlin, gulping hot chocolate.

"Again honey?" Kaitlin asks, resting her hand on Alexis's.

Alexis nods,"The only difference is this time she said 'I care about you'."

"Honey, you two really need to talk instead of just yell at eachother all the time,"Kaitlin says,petting Alexis's hair.

"She won't talk to me all she does is yell at me and ask like she doesn't give a damn about anyone but herself,"Alexis whines,putting her head on the table.

"Alexis honey, language. The baby can hear you,"Kaitlin says, rubbing her bulging stomach lovingly.

"Really, already?"Alexis says, lifting her head and putting her hand on Kaitlins stomach.

"Yeah really, you have a lovely voice you should sing to her,"Kaitlin tells Alexis, smiling at her.

"Maybe not right now, I'm exhausted. Thank's mom, can I call you mom now? I'm going to call you mom now. I love you mom," Alexis says, running by the door and grabbing her bag before running up the stairs.

"I love you too Alexis," Kaitlin says resting a hand on her stomach and crying, happy that Alexis is finally accepting her as a mother.

The next morning, Alexis for once drives her car to school instead of walking. When she sees Rachel standing with her group of friends, she smiles and waves at her. Rachel walks over to Alexis, who is sitting on the hood of her car.

"NIce ride Michaels," Rachel tells her, sitting on the hood next to her.

"Can I ask you something, please?" Alexis asked, looking nowhere in particular.

"Sure Michaels,"Rachel says, gazing at Alexis.

"What did you mean yesterday, when you said you care about me?" Alexis asks, looking at Rachel.

Rachel leans over and kisses Alexis tentively. "I meant that I care about you," she says, pulling away reluctantly.

"Then why are you so hateful to me?" Alexis asks, looking at Rachel and touching her lips.

"It is easier than telling you I'm in love with you and being shot down," Rachel tells her, looking down.

Alexis tips Rachels head up and kisses her, running her hands through her hair. "What do we do now?" Alexis asks Rachel, smiling at her.

© 2015 Ghost Writer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on February 22, 2015
Last Updated on February 22, 2015

Author

Ghost Writer
Ghost Writer

FL



About
I write a lot of dark and romantic poetry. Poetry is my strong spot.I hope you enjoy. more..

Writing
Hello Hello

A Poem by Ghost Writer