Zethu and Zinhle

Zethu and Zinhle

A Story by Xabanisa Thabiso
"

...dedicated to Zethu Nkosi and Zinhle Nkosi, Nelspruit, South Africa. Straight from the heart, no edits

"

When I was born in 1994, October, not anyone would have thought me and you would ever know each other. When fate intervened, I did not know about you, but I knew it felt right.

God had blessed me with you, a tag-less blessing. I was very young, I did not understand much, if anything at all. Perhaps it was too unique and special to put onto any words, or it was just because I had never experienced any of its kind. (Still haven’t).

 

…So today it felt right to write to you and let you know how much I regret the past we shared, all those years together,

I regret one thing though; why I didn’t make the most of the time I had with you. It was never the most because I never got enough of your embrace, your love, your attention, your sisterly interest in me… I can never have enough of what you offered me.

Those mornings you woke me up before you left for school, and the afternoons we spent catching up, talking about everything that is anything. I miss your ‘cat fights’ with Gogo S. how she would scream out your name. I miss how we would open up to each other like I was the third ‘twin’. I miss all that and more.

 

I would never trade knowing you, but I would trade my best skool shoes for more time with you. Amiss of everything and all, time with you had no sunset, never dull.

I regret having spent little time with you.

I regret the distance which kills us.

I regret having such a special family out of sight, out of reach.

I regret not having enough money to buy even a second with you.

 

It is not because I have good brains that your memories haven’t fade, it is because non-better can replace them.

In 3 words I am trying to say: “I love you.” “I miss you.”

 

I LOVE THE NKOSI FAMILY & MATSEBULA FAMILY.

 

© 2015 Xabanisa Thabiso


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on April 6, 2015
Last Updated on April 6, 2015
Tags: Regret, Miss

Author

Xabanisa Thabiso
Xabanisa Thabiso

Matata, Lubombo, Swaziland



About
My writing is inspired by all the experiences and the process I have gone through in life. more..

Writing