The Sound of Spring

The Sound of Spring

A Poem by Xander West

The sound of spring wind bristling through the budding trees, the rush of the running water tricking down the mountains, the creeks leaping to life with the snow melts, the sun glistening warmth upon the world below. All around life is rejoicing, young deer pouncing in the remaining snow, leaping into the chilling running water, beavers busy bustling a new home, geese flocking to the water holes, hackling above and yonder. All around I see mountains top with snow, yet signs of green renewal of spring abound in all directions. The blue of the vast lake is unparalleled; smooth today reflecting the snowcapped peaks all around. The wind whispering the secrets of life as I walk along its shore, hands dancing in the wind, eyes soaking in harmonious glory. In all directions I see the beauty of winter transforming into the glory of spring, life springing into action. Young flowers blooming brightly, birds chirping singing the song of life, my heart becomes overwhelmed by such transformation. For if an entire world may transform with such gorgeous appeal before my eyes, surely my heart could rejoice with same beauty. To be so eager for life, so overjoyed by the warmth of the sun shining upon my shoulders, to welcome the joys of my day, to happily overcome my challenges with a smile upon my face and a dance with my feet. Spring has come, a time of young life, a time of budding love, warm embraces to cherish the few blooming moments of this magnificent life.


© 2016 Xander West


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on April 13, 2016
Last Updated on April 13, 2016
Tags: spring, love, romance, poem, poetry

Author

Xander West
Xander West

Suffolk, United Kingdom



About
I lost my passion to write for several years, better yet, I ignored my passion to write for several years. I am only once again touching my surface. more..

Writing