Chapter Two: The First Touch (Fabrics of Time)

Chapter Two: The First Touch (Fabrics of Time)

A Story by Xander West

Chapter Two: The First Touch

"First Touch"

The magical first touch by an Angel,

To feel the joy of the very heavens,

The spark by contact of her smooth skin,

Stronger than a lighthouse beckons,

 

To feel the very sea raging all around,

Yet to be free floating upon the tide,

To feel the fierceness of Mother Nature,

Yet holding the hand of my Angelic guide.

 

The smooth silkiness of an angel's hand,

Blessed as her hand rests gently in mine

Emotions exploding deep within my soul,

As if I've known my angel through all time.

 

Through the fabrics of time I would search,

Somehow destined to hold her for eternity,

Anything of mine I would happily sacrifice,

 For her delicate hand rest in mine perfectly.

 

Sweet words of honey she whispers quietly,

My hearts pounds by the beautiful harmony,

To be forever lost in the eyes of my angel,

No stronger love has existed in all humanity.

Three days of sleep. Three days of sleeping in my bed. Three days with no screams of battle, or cries of help. Three days of rest. Three days of silence, emptiness. But three days I needed before I could face the world again.

 

While I could probably sleep another week, I know I have work to do, questions to answer, men to lead, preparing for our next challenge. I stand in front of a mirror; it's hard to believe 14 years have passed since I first put this uniform on. While the design has changed, the meaning, the importance, the pride has never wavered. Until now; maybe I am just finally becoming old.

 

I stop on the way to base for a coffee. I enter mindful of my surroundings, the exits, the customers, the scents of fresh donuts and bagels, the sugar of the icing, the richness of the coffee and spices, the smile of woman behind the cash register, the way her dark hair is in a bundle, the way the shirt tugs at her curves, the lovely scent of her perfume.

 

“Long time Strike.” “The usual” she asks?

 

“Hello Holly, I see you are just as beautiful as ever. I also notice the last youngling has done nothing to diminish your enticing curves. When is that man going to lock you in his cave?” I tease her with my blue eyes sparkling, always working my charm, disarming people as if they are a M-4 in my hands.

 

With a blush and a smile she responds, “It will up in just one a moment darling.” I watch as three new people work behind the counter of the local coffee shop, busy young men, with the look of college guys just trying to make a buck to impress the next girl that shows them any attention.

 

“Chai latte with no whip cream” states a young man placing my coffee upon the counter. Without a thought I reach for the coffee but instead I grab the hand of angel reaching for the same cup. I turn to look upon heaven standing before me. Lost in her eyes of pale blue, such as that of an icy ocean, with waves swirling into the ice, creating pockets of light blue overlapped by dark hues, memorizing sailors into a lull until it’s too late.

 

I look into her eyes, lost forever, yet knowing exactly where I am or more to the put, where I should be. I have never seen her long dark hair, blue eyes, perfect curves anywhere before, but my heart and soul believes otherwise as if she was always there just outside the reach of mind's memories. The way her lips purse before she talks, the way her hair falls upon her shoulders, the way her eyes light up as she looks at me, the way her hand feels.....the way her hand.

 

I look down at our hands, somehow no longer on the cup, but fingers laced. The spark of energy I feel flowing from her, the excitement of such a simple touch is other worldly. I feel her, not just her hand but her. I can feel her heart pounding as she marvels at my touch as well; I can feel the pace of pulse increasing. I can feel her soul reaching out to mind as she is was always supposed to be in my hands. I can feel her thoughts racing trying to keep up with the sensory overload. I can feel her thirst for passion, equal to mine own, which is a first, a first quite indeed.

 

“Strike, I can yours right her.” “Strike” “Strike??” I finally turn to see Holly holding my Chai latte. 'Honey, are you alright?” Holly asks. I turn back to the mysterious blonde now holding my heart.

 

“I apologize ma'am. How foolish of me.” Yet, she seems just as perplexed by the events as I, standing there staring at me. “Ma'am, I would love to hold her hand all day, but unfortunately I need to be heading to work now.” I say with a smile, hoping to charm her as every woman I have ever met.

 

She stares a moment longer, than looks at own hands, fingers interlaced. Without a word, she grabs her Chai Latte and walks away. I can feel my heart following her, my soul aching with each step she takes. I watch as she strolls towards her car, enticed by the sway of her hips, drawn in by her touch, her mesmerizing perplexing touch.

 

For long moments I stand staring after the woman, as if she stole something from me.  Perhaps indeed she very well did.   For a man who is always in control, I’m at a lost. 

 

“Strike, you okay?” asks Holly. 

 

“Yeah sweetie, just a long trip, that’s all.   I’ll see you tomorrow.  Tell that man be better keep an eye you before I steal you away.”

 

All day long I try to forget the impression of the mysterious woman, try to explain away the effect of her touch.   I simply could not focus touching to my troops or bosses; I didn’t want to complete any assignments.  I only had one thought on my mind. 

 

Sometime in the early afternoon, I simply bailed on work.  I thought to myself perhaps the gym was refresh my mind.  Yet, somehow where do I end up?  I end up right back to coffee shop looking for a Chai Latte or perhaps something more. 

 

“Back so soon honey?” ‘I know you just missed my smile, uh?” Holly flirtatiously comments as I walk thought the door.  “Damn, I’m caught again.”  I smile in response.   “I’m just not myself today.  I need a pick me up.  Can you surprise me with something strong enough to wake up the dead, black as a moon-less light but sweet as my sinful soul? “ 

 

Holly laughs, her eyes lighting up.  “I can do black as a moon-less light but nobody sells sin as sweet as you.”

 

For some time I sit all alone with my thoughts and my black coffee, which by the way was as far from sweet as anything could be.  I stare in the steam of hot coffee wondering what I was doing with my life.  I’m middle aged, never married, living for my next mission, practically raising teenagers.  What do I desire in this life? 

“Excuse me, may I join you?”  Startled back to reality I look up into those same pale blue eyes of frosty seas as this morning.  “Of course, please have a seat” I stammer.  I stare at enticing curves as she gracefully slides into the chair across from me, look at the long radiant brown hair flowing over her defined shoulders. 

 

I admire the midnight-blue button shirt of hers, the sleeves rolled up pasted her elbows, exposing her delicate arms with smooth olive skin, the first couple of buttons of her shirt undone display just enough of her cleavage to let any know she is possesses the curves to get her way.  And by my reaction, she probably always does get her way.  I can’t see her hips, but I remember from this morning she is wearing a beige skirt, stopping just below her knees, hugging her tight curvy hips and long lean legs.  

 

“Hi, I am Ronan.  Again, I am sorry about this morning” I start flashing a smile and hoping my eyes catch her attention. 

 

She smiles back, “I’m Selena” “And are you really sorry?”

 

Damn, my smile has nothing on hers.  Selena?  The moon goddess?  Well, that explains the angelic effect.  I’m talking to a goddess, a deity of curves; quite literally.   I can’t help but to wonder about her thoughts. “No.  No, I am not sorry.  You may be used to making men to turn into wordless Neanderthals, but I’ve never experienced anything quite like that.”  

 

Selena smiles mischievous, wonders to herself how can a guy with such eyes and wearing this uniform possibly be single.  He must be married, or crazy, possibly both.  “And what exactly did you experience?” 

 

I look into her eyes, trying to decide how to answer that question.  The truth sounds crazy; I would sound like a lunatic.  “Honestly?  From the first touch, I felt as if I knew you very soul throughout all of time.  I could feel your heartbeat, feel the pulse of yours quicken.  I was taken aback trying to figure out, remember where I know you from.  But all I could think about where your eyes, how enchanting they are.  How I simply lack words or my thoughts as I stare into them.”  I have no clue why I ever said those words, but the look of astonishment of her face made me cringe in fear. 

 

“I know I sound crazy.  I will just leave you alone Ma’am” I stammer embarrassingly as rapidly stand-up, looking for an exit of place I know quite well but disoriented all the same.

 

“Stop” she exclaims, grabbing my hand before I could walk away.  Once again, the mere touching of our hands sends me to another universe.  I can see into her soul, feel her thoughts, fears, hopes, passions, desires…oh the desires.  Our touch, our connection is as if our souls are linked, united at some point in time or life, separated until now.  My heart longs to simply hold her hand for all time, to sit at her side and stare into her eyes, no words needed because the connection we feel with every touch.


 “I felt the same way.  I tried to run away, explain it away all day.  Yet here I came straight from work.  Hoping…I don’t know.  Hoping you would be here I guess” she bashfully admits, her eyes looking down. 

 

I slide into the seat next to her. My other hand gently lifts her chin so I can stare into her eyes.  “Selena, I can’t explain the sensations.  Nor do I wish to.  Let’s just take this one step at a time.   I would love to learn more about.” 

 

She smiles, such a sweet smile.  As if one smile from her lights up the entire room, lifting the spirits of all in her presence, melting away the stains of my life.    “What would you like to know?” 

 

“Everything.  I want to know everything there is know about you…….”

"First Touch"

The magical first touch by an Angel,

To feel the joy of the very heavens,

The spark by contact of her smooth skin,

Stronger than a lighthouse beckons,

 

To feel the very sea raging all around,

Yet to be free floating upon the tide,

To feel the fierceness of Mother Nature,

Yet holding the hand of my Angelic guide.

 

The smooth silkiness of an angel's hand,

Blessed as her hand rests gently in mine

Emotions exploding deep within my soul,

As if I've known my angel through all time.

 

Through the fabrics of time I would search,

Somehow destined to hold her for eternity,

Anything of mine I would happily sacrifice,

 For her delicate hand rest in mine perfectly.

 

Sweet words of honey she whispers quietly,

My hearts pounds by the beautiful harmony,

To be forever lost in the eyes of my angel,

No stronger love has existed in all humanity.

© 2016 Xander West


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on April 19, 2016
Last Updated on April 19, 2016
Tags: love, romance, adventure, story. passion, quest

Author

Xander West
Xander West

Suffolk, United Kingdom



About
I lost my passion to write for several years, better yet, I ignored my passion to write for several years. I am only once again touching my surface. more..

Writing