I am a Lion

I am a Lion

A Poem by Xaneri

I'm a gem in a world where you're only accepted if you're coal. Trying to shine, but buried so deep among the soot and ash that even a twinkle only comes once in a life time.

I'm a drifting breeze in a world where all of the energy I give is harnessed for a goal that I cannot possibly comprehend. Taken and manipulated for personal gain.

I'm an artist in a world where the words I put to paper are so unsure of themselves that they may never see the light of day, instead doomed to hide between the pages of a book who doesn't have a soul in the world to call "friend".

I'm an ember in a world full of icy souls and frozen hearts, doing my best to burn, but never having the guts to reach for the tinder, for fear of being unlike everyone else.

I'm a hopeless romantic in a world where the emphasis is put on the word "hopeless", and the word "romantic" has nearly lost it's meaning. Where bodies are more precious than hearts, and for the life of me I cannot find a heart that's still unbroken. Where everyone is afraid to love because we're all shattered and that scares the hell out of us.

I'm a Lion in a world where I have yet to give up hope. Where I know I have the strength to keep moving forward. And although others like me are becoming extinct, I roar proudly, knowing I have my fate in my own hands. Where no matter how much it scares me, I'll never close myself off, because I know I'll have the will to stand again if I break. Where I'll never stop searching for what I desire, even if it kills me, because I refuse to let this world get the better of me.

I'm a Lion in a world where even if I lose my mane, I'll never lose my Heart.

© 2017 Xaneri


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on August 16, 2017
Last Updated on August 16, 2017
Tags: Poetry, Imagery, Motivational, Inspirational, Uplifting

Author

Xaneri
Xaneri

Englewood, CO



About
Being an aspiring writer and hopeless romantic, I have one common outlet to fulfill both. Bad poetry. Enjoy! more..

Writing
Frozen Stars Frozen Stars

A Poem by Xaneri


Heroes Heroes

A Poem by Xaneri