How I Lost My Salvation

How I Lost My Salvation

A Poem by Xanthar Manmuffin

How I Lost My Salvation

 

Next, the dog pack left the mauled corpse on the dancefloor and Night fell asleep on his watch. I understood nothing except that hope was falling like a bomb. One vicious mutt, dressed in time-drag, tilted his purple fedora forward and growled a song that made flowers wilt. I wish I could have recorded his howl. When the lines had been drawn, and, the body identified; I realized I’d lost my faith. Must've slid right down my leg. A hooker with an eye patch found it lying on a bench at the train station. She snorted half, ate half, and used the brown paper package to wipe sweat from her armpits. I suppose I’ll never see Heaven now. I found her in Florida and had her dissected. There was nothing in her belly but Pad Thai and laughter.

© 2011 Xanthar Manmuffin


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

very interesting. My only suggesion would be making it in lines so it's easier to read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
beautifully descriptive, I like the imagery and personification.
"hope was falling like a bomb"
That line is so beautiful, well done :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
beautifully descriptive, I like the imagery and personification.
"hope was falling like a bomb"
That line is so beautiful, well done :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 1, 2011
Last Updated on April 1, 2011

Author

Xanthar Manmuffin
Xanthar Manmuffin

Bear, DE



About
I am an alien from the planet P-12. I live in Deleware, where I have found my suitable human slave: Chris. (Xanthar makes me eat scummy crumbs from under the refrigerator. Help me Please! Chris) more..

Writing