Pain & Despair

Pain & Despair

A Story by Xardalas
"

The pain a man feels after losing a lover to another man.

"

Pain, which was all he felt as he lay in his bed that night. A deep, wrenching, unbearable pain inside of his heart as he imagined her laying in the arms of her lover that night. He feels his jealousy gnawing away at his insides, eating away at him while he so desperately wishes that it was his arms she was lying in. She had been his once, she had made him so unbelievably happy, he had cared for her with every inch of his being, he truly believed that she was his Solitius Vitae, the heart of his soul. Yet he lays there in agony, knowing she is in the arms of another man and that he can do nothing to stop it. He lays lifelessly on his bed, his cheeks wet with tears that flow down his face, the pain and sadness that lay his eyes is evident to all.    

            He had bared his soul to her; he had held nothing back, not his emotions, nor his thoughts, in the end though it was not enough. He knows that it is his own stupidity that has led him to this, unending pain that he now endures. He knew…that in the end…it would come to this…that he would end up being discarded like this…yet…it was his foolish sense of hope that had led him to start on this path…he thought that maybe…just maybe…he might be able to have her in the end. However…Fate had other ideas in mind…he lost her completely…she belongs to another man now…he had lost the Heart of His Soul…

Tragically…he knew that they were not to be…he knew that he could not live without her…he knew that he was unable to deal with the pain of seeing her in another’s arms. He had decided…he had one action left…he had one final course that he could take…one that would end his pain…He sat up on his bed…looking up at the ceiling…feeling the cool, unyielding metal of the gun in his hand as an image of her flashes through his mind…her beauty taking his breath away…before a man steps up behind her and wraps his arms around her, holding her in his them. He feels a new wave of tears streak down his face before he reaches up and presses the barrel of the gun underneath his chin, feeling the despair and pain wash over him, feeling his soul strain underneath the unbearable weight of his despair. He closes his eyes and his finger slowly tightens around the trigger. A brief burst of light flashes in the room and then his body falls backwards and lands on the bed, the gun slipping from his fingers and hitting the floor with a soft thud.

 

© 2011 Xardalas


Author's Note

Xardalas
I just wrote this one night after I found out that my mate had slept with another man. I stuck it in short story collections because I honestly have no idea what genre this would fit under.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really really reallyyyy love this piece.
You really know how to tug on people's heartstrings through your words.


Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

329 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 19, 2011
Last Updated on April 19, 2011
Tags: Pain, Loss, Despair, Dark

Author

Xardalas
Xardalas

Santa Fe, TX



About
I'm 18 and I love rollerblading. I also like writing and I do tend to write alot, although I almost never show anyone what I write about. I was born in New Orleans, Louisana and I moved to Santa Fe, T.. more..

Writing
The Preparations The Preparations

A Chapter by Xardalas