Lost In Thoughts.

Lost In Thoughts.

A Story by Xiveski
"

My name is Gabin and I work as a writer for a very famous site and suddenly, one day, the owner of the site tasked me with writing a masterpiece story. It is either I write this story or be fired.

"
Is he insane! I can't possibly write a "masterpiece" all of a sudden, no, it's impossible! He did say unless I write this by tomorrow, I will be fired and I know nothing other than writing, so if I lose this job, I lose everything, darn it! Why am I becoming nervous by the second, I have written many well-known stories that stole the spot light from the many so called famous stories but that was 3 years ago and now everything I write is considered poop and that might be the reason why I was given such task, they probably want to get rid of me. There is my lovely chair! I will sit down and think of something, I am sure something worthy of a masterpiece will pop up in this beautiful mind of mine. And for some reason, I am only thinking of Harry Potter! Outrageous! I simply can't write fiction like that, I have already got my fair share of critiques on the forms but... but... no, I can do this! I should! I must. I know, surely browsing the internet will give me some ideas. Youtube seems the right place to go but hold on, why is my recommendation page filled with videos of cats? Maybe a sign from God! An almighty being as himself will surely get me out of this trouble! Thinking about it again, I have no experience dealing with cats whatsoever, after all, I had an early allergy and it was quite severe as my mother told me once that I was actually about to die when a cat jumped on my face when I was still a child or maybe I might write the story of the feeling of never loving a cat but then, that's not worthy of my time. Then let's hover to the trending page and see what inspirations lie there. Fidget spinners? Are they devices used to fidget? I don't understand why it is filling my trending page but this is nothing but an outrageous! I will never write a story of a toy. Let me see how much time has passed... 3 hours? 3 hours!? It is already midnight and I still haven't even thought of a decent idea! No need to be hasty, I am sure something will pop up, I just have to sit down, drink coffee and wait for the idea. 1 hour passed and I am insanely sweating but I still have determination, oh yes lots of determination. Google, a place where wonders could happen. I am very stupid for not using you the first place, so Google, tell me how to write a masterpiece. What? List of instructions on how to write!? That's not what I meant d****t. I am sure that after several precise searches, I will the right answer. For the love of God! How long did I keep writing inside this search bar? Let me see my classical clock and to my surprise, it is 3 a.m.! 2 hours passed by and I probably wrote more inside this cursed search bar than I have in an actual story. Outrageous! That's it I will just write anything! Morning comes and I wake up tired, I think I just slept for an hour but that doesn't matter because I just read an email that was sent now and it basically tells me to come to the site's workplace and deliver hard copy version of the story, the old fashioned way. I can't believe I am about to get humiliated in real life. Took the prints, took a taxi and took my aspirin for emergencies. I am already in the office waiting for the owner to come and for some reason, there is another guy sitting down, maybe a person to witness my suffering. The owner just entered, grinning at me and honestly speaking his face looks punchable. "Welcome to my Paradise," he said and I thought I was dealing with a hippie, let's hope that's not the case. He looks at the window for a second and when I looked, it was a woman from far applying her... magic. "Give me the hard copy's." he said but I want to make an excuse and try to escape this fate but I was rejected and as he was pushing me outside, he told me "We will send you an email, if you passed and if we didn't, then consider yourself... fired." Came back home, shocked and tired. This happening to me, outrageous! Morning again, and suddenly my phone started ringing, I had no interest in answering but "meh," I said and answered. "Hello! Best writer in the world!" said whoever was on the other side of the line. "Um.. hello, Gabin here," I said. "haha... everyone knows who you are by now!" said the man while laughing out loud. "Who are you, again? I distinctively said. "Am your boss, genius and I have personally called you to congratulate you!" said the owner of the site. "Congratulate me?" I said. "Yes! Your story was a success! You can consider yourself promoted!" said the owner. I started acting as if the line was getting cut and closed it. I felt an outrageous urge to break something, so I threw my phone to the other side of the room and completely destroyed it. I can't believe a story about cats and fidget spinners saved my life.

© 2017 Xiveski


Author's Note

Xiveski
Feel free to correct anything! Even the whole story!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on August 2, 2017
Last Updated on August 2, 2017
Tags: #fiction, #humour

Author

Xiveski
Xiveski

About
18 year old guy, trying to find some fun. more..