Loveless

Loveless

A Story by XxZombi.BabyxX
"

Its a Fanfiction.

"

My name is Ritsuka Aoyagi and the past six years I have been running away from fate. At age twelve the world believed that my brother, Seimei, had died, at age twelve I was dragged into the world of fighter units and war games, a world my brother was born into. Soubi was my brother’s fighter in the unit Beloved before he was ‘murdered’, but it was with Soubi that I discovered that Seimei wasn’t dead, just faking it all for power and control, mainly over me. Now Soubi, though it kind of makes him seem like a pervert, is my best friend and together we have become the fighter unit, Loveless.

After we had fought our way through Seven Moons Academy, an organization that my brother and Soubi had currently belonged to, I was tired of these spell battles. Spell battles being battles of carefully chosen worlds, but the damage the words deal is quite physically painful and destructive. Soubi had said at one time that the words were the window into true reality.

Tonight we are in Tokyo living in a cheap apartment, and I can feel Seimei coming upon us, but in the hustle and bustle there in some kind of serenity, it makes me want to make memories.  Soubi is sleeping right now, sweetly dreaming dreams. He looks kind of adorable when he’s sleeping, but I can’t settle my mind down enough to follow suit. I sat down on the edge of the bed and watched his chest rise and fall gently; his pale scarred flesh casting a faint glow of his divinity to me. Asleep Soubi is tolerable more so then his overly compassionate, over protective, chivalrous self, but I do adore him. At the very least he is less annoying then his past college roommate, Kio, who help a deep contempt for me. I grabbed the pack of f**s out of Soubi’s pants pocket and went to open the window.

Smoking was an incredibly bad habit I had picked up three years ago, much to the disapproval of Soubi when he found out. It was his fault anyways. Standing there looking out at the Tokyo lights glimmering, while I fought with my lighter, I watched the hustle and bustle of the market below. Tokyo never seemed to sleep�"not like home did. Sendai was just a sleepy dot on the map, that is, until summer when everyone from everywhere was there for the beach park. I sat on the windowsill filling my body with nicotine and my mind with memories of all the people I missed Yuiko, Yayoi, dad, and even my mom, who after losing Seimei had also lost me to my mind. I wondered if she was happy I was gone, she had always wanted me gone, wanted the old Ritsuka back. I wonder if she misses me. I took another drag as Soubi got out of bed and came to stand behind me. I held the f*g out to him, and he took it taking a deep drag.

“I despise that you took up my habit.”

I shrugged not wanted to look at him. “Stress.”

He leaned against the wall quietly, and we sat like that watching the lights until the f*g was gone.

“When are we leaving Ritsuka-kun?”

“Tomorrow morning after sunrise. Go back to bed Soubi; you need your sleep.”

“What about you Ritsuka? You haven’t slept in days.”

“I just can’t sleep Soubi.”

Soubi looked at me in that concerned way that he did.

“Just go back to bed, Soubi.”

“You’re scared aren’t you, Ritsuka?”

My expression stayed void of emotion. “No.”

“Then why not sleep? Seimei is a good three months behind us.”

I looked up at him. Soubi still had a good foot on me. “Because sleeping makes us vulnerable,” I looked back out the window and whispered, “and I can’t lose you to Seimei.”

I didn’t have to see his face because I knew he was smiling. I smiled too just for the simple fact that Soubi was mine and not Seimei’s anymore. He was never Seimei’s in the first place. Soubi picked me up into his arms and carried me over to the bed and laid me down.

“Sleep Ritsuka,” he said softly petting my hair. “I’ll wake you in the morning.”

I lay there, yawning just like I knew I would. “Soubi, do you love me?”

“Always and forever Ritsuka. You mean the world to me, and I will never let you go. No one can take you from me.”

I smiled laying my head on his lap. “Not even Seimei?”

“Not even Seimei.”

I fell asleep soon after into a dreamless sleep, but at least Soubi was there to protect me like he always did. Tomorrow we had to leave. Where we would go I didn’t know, but as long as I had Soubi I was happy.

XXX

We had taken a bus to the edge of the city, heading south farther. Walking down the road wasn’t uncommon, but outside of Tokyo we were getting a lot of odd looks and people questioning us.   Every time someone noticed us I tensed. Any one of them could be one of Seimei’s minion fighter units. It wasn’t too long before we ran into one. They motioned for us to follow and the only way to escape was through a battle. I knew this but, even so, I was always scared that I wasn’t strong enough a sacrifice for Soubi. That somehow the damage that the sacrifice naturally caught would get to Soubi. I would never want him to feel that. The girl was the fighter in this group. She was lean and willowy with long hair. Her sacrifice was tall and muscular fellow with shortly cropped hair.

“I declare a battle,” she said, her voice like a warm constricting rope.

Soubi looked at me before he answered, “I accept.”

So let the battle begin. Soubi had the first move.

“Engage systems.”

“Defense! Defense!” the girl shouted.

“Your defense has no power, and none of your power shall touch this body.”

“Rend! Rip! Tear! Eviscerate!”

“Repel all spells; let me see red life escape.”

Her sacrifice cried out as the restrictions, chains that appear on the flesh binding the sacrifice to the battle and making it easy for them to receive damage, got him.

“Clay!” the girl screamed.

“Keep fighting, Nora.”

“Cut! Bleed! Cut! Slice! Rip!”

Soubi smiled. “You’re only repeating yourself. Defend. Reflect. You are making this way too easy.”

“Slice. Repent. Let the knife slide into flesh, and may you bleed.”

The restrictions snaked onto me, and I realized I was the stronger sacrifice. I was braver. Their voices all meshed together in some beautiful, bloody array. We won�"we always won. Seimei never sent someone who could defeat us. Was Seimei getting weak? No, that could never happen, not with Seimei. We continued walking down the road for a few hours, in silence. It was then I saw a familiar face down the road.

“Soubi.”

“I see him to Ritsuka.” He said cooly.

I was going to confront him. I was going to confront my fear. I was going to confront my brother, maybe even for the last time. When we were close enough he spoke.

“Ritsuka, it’s good to see you.”

“It’s good to see you too, Seimei.” I lied.

Seimei long willowy figure sauntered of and looked me over. Soubi said something I didn’t hear, but ask I turn there was a sharp pain on the back of my skull, I black out.

© 2011 XxZombi.BabyxX


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on August 4, 2011
Last Updated on August 4, 2011

Author

XxZombi.BabyxX
XxZombi.BabyxX

Twin Falls, ID



About
I am an aspiring young writer that wants to get published and persue a career in creative writing. I am wiccan, taken, and love to read. Other arts: I sing, draw, paint, and dance. Other Activities .. more..

Writing