Alone

Alone

A Poem by Elizabeth Kerns

I sit alone in the dark
I feel the ache deep in my heart. 
The wounds never to be healed. 
I keep waiting for someone to come along and turn the lights on. 
To mend my broken heart. 
I didn't think anyone could replace you. 
Until him. . . 
The lights are on. Brighter than ever.

© 2012 Elizabeth Kerns


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this poem...it's so sad and yet it is merely a reflection of the utter and despicable truth. I applaud you. That being said, I think you should add a period at the end of the first line. That is because in each stanza, every line ends with something except for the first line in the poem. The first line sets the stage (you did that very well by the way). The second is free to be anything but the first has to be reflection or something that catches attention. You kept my attention well. After reading the first line I thought to myself "Why alone? Why in darkness?" The poem answered my questions perfectly. Great job! Nicely and eloquently penned.
Best regards,
Phillitup

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the twist at the end of this, darkness replaced by light! Nicely written!

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 26, 2012
Last Updated on June 26, 2012
Tags: Alone, love, him

Author

Elizabeth Kerns
Elizabeth Kerns

Terre Haute, IN



About
I love reading and writing. I'm almost always reading a new book. I love romance but there has to be some kind of suspense. Anyways, I haven't written anything on here in a while but I'm planning on .. more..

Writing