The Vortex Of Mystery

The Vortex Of Mystery

A Story by Cassidy M.
"

A young girl named Olivia finds a hidden key in her grandmother Mimi's home. It leads her to a magical vortex. Which brings her to a magical land. But can she leave behind the magic land?

"
                              Dear Journal, 
                                   Mom told me to come visit Mimi, But she only has two 
                              board games. Checkers, and Chess. I hope there's something to do.
                          I'm here for six weeks. Better get started with 'fun'
                                            Sincerely, 
                                         Olivia Hart 
                                             age: 12
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        So mom left me at Mimi's for six weeks to get to learn her. But nothing is really interesting. Mimi gave me her locket. It's old. And it literally needs a key to unlock it. And Uncle Kori came to help Mimi with the roof. He seems like alot of fun. Mimi's house is ALL the way across the city. In the quiet countryside. But how am I going to find joy in the country? I'm unpacking my clothes. ''MIMI! WHERE IS MY BEDROOM!!'' I scream from upstairs. ''Over to you left. The last bedroom, Dear.'' she said with a raspy voice. ''Woah! This room is incredible, Mom had the good life.'' I said with suprise. As I unpacked my clothes, and set down my toy rabbit Lola. I soon noticed a heart shaped key. With a small, green gem in the middle. This must unlock this locket. I thought. So I unlocked it. All of a sudden, there was a vortex in the middle of the room. I quietly ran in. Soon I saw, An entire land full of wonders. There where Pegasus soaring across the mid pink sky, and princesses singing with the wind. And fairies playing. Then I noticed, a small fairy. She wasn't playing. She was sitting. ''What's wrong little pixie?'' I asked. ''No one wants to play with me. Will you play with me?'' She said in a small, squeaky voice. ''I'm Kate. Whats your name?'' she asked. ''Olivia. Olivia Hart. Nice to meet you Kate.'' As later in the afternoon I was playing with Kate. Soon. The vortex seemed to get smaller. ''I better go Kate. The vortex will close if I don't leave Mimi will get upset. See you tomorrow.'' I sadly said. ''Bye Olivia!'' Kate said.
       ''Olivia! Time for dinner!'' Mimi yelled. ''Coming Mimi!!'' As I was walking down the steps. ''What's for dinner?'' I asked, my stomach was practically screaming instead of growling. ''Well, I made Jonah's favorite. Rump Roast, Baked Beans, and carrots.'' she said happily. ''Mm. Smells good.'' As I grabbed a plate of roast, beans, and carrots. ''Mimi, have you ever seen, a key.. And vortex's and magical lands?'' I asked, curious for an answer. ''No, Why are you asking Livi?'' She answered back. No one has ever called me Livi but my dad, Don. ''Oh. I found a little key on the dresser..'' I said, my voice shaking. ''Oh that key. It unlocks a picture in that very locket your mama used to have.'' She answered suspiciously. As I finished my last piece of roast I ran up to the room. Eager to write.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         Dear Journal, 
                   This key opens a world of wonders! And Kate is a better friend then Vicky, or Tanya, or even Georgia. I hope I come to Mimi's more often.
                                               Sincerely,
                                              Olivia Hart
                                                   age: 12
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                As the 6 weeks went by fast, Olivia spent most of them in the magical vortex playing with her new friends. Kate and Sandra. Sandra was an elf. Small, almost miniature. ''Sanny, Kate!'' 
Olivia shouted on the snowhill. ''What is it Olivia?'' Sandra questioned. ''This is my last day in Rosepark. And the last time seeing you.'' I solemnly said. ''Oh no! But.. can't you come back by the key? I need you to stay here with me and Sandra.'' Kate said with tears in her eyes. ''No. I tried it in the shack. It won't let me. Uh oh. I have to go Kate, Sorry.'' I said as I slowly walked away. I called my mom ''Mom, did you ever notice anything.. strange when you where here?'' I asked. Hiding all the magical secrets. ''Well yes. But it's just that big cricket in the yard.'' She said chuckling. ''Oh. Well.. Mimi.. uh. Needs me to help pack. Love you, see you tomorrow, bye. Yes I know. Love you.'' Oh man. I thought. I can't. When we drove away from Mimi's lonely house. I saw a small glitter in the backseat ''Psst.'' It said. ''Come here,'' ''It's me.'' I saw two sparkles. Uh oh. ''It's me too. Sandra and Kate, Were never leaving!'' They whispered. ''Be quiet or they'll hear us!'' I practically yelled. ''Who are you talking to Olivia?'' Dad said. ''uh.. no one. Just Lola.'' I said, jumbling my words. ''Okay then. We'll be home in 15 minutes'' He said. ''Okay daddy'o'' I said. As the long drive came to an end. I ran to my room with Kate and Sandra. ''Are you crazy!'' I yelled as I slammed the door. ''Well. We had candy this morning.'' Kate said with her peep. ''Yeah. We couldn't bear to leave you.'' Sandra explained. Soon. I lived with Sandra and Kate. Never leaving behind the memory of that joyous day.

© 2012 Cassidy M.


Author's Note

Cassidy M.
Well I hope you enjoy. Bye!
,Cassidy

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on October 12, 2012
Last Updated on October 12, 2012
Tags: Fairies, Magic, Family

Author