Passing Romance

Passing Romance

A Poem by Adora.xo
"

A Stream of Consciousness

"
So I took a deep breath, and I walked away- have you ever felt a cool breeze dance along the small hairs that run up your limbs and over the underlying heat of the sun on your face? Have you seen the trees on hot evenings, when the leaves flutter and dance in the air, pulling the baby branches to and fro? Reaching for what’s left of the warm day as it sets. Have you ever closed your eyes long enough to hear children laughing like wind-chimes? Have you breathed in deeply enough that the mixed scent of lilac and freshly-mowed lawns followed you into your day-dreams? Have you walked simply for the sake of becoming lost? Have you watched your grey shadow, carefully, dancing along the pavement while you passed it? Have you then, raised your head, but to meet the eyes of a stranger? Have you, so completely and accidently, looked into the eyes of a stranger and without consciousness, placed him into a fantasy? Have you inhaled the scent of spring so deeply, that the blue skies seem to fill you forever? Have you ever been breathless? Oh, how it breaks the heart. But to imagine so freely, comes with the consequences of loving too easily, and with helplessness comes wisdom. Have you felt your stomach drop beneath the weight of your heaving heart, simply because he smiled? Have you built dreams on moments - strange moments - and then let them sit on the dusty windowsill of your mind? Have you ever given into the urge, to touch - gently brush - the vivid edges of the outsider? Have you thought, perhaps - for a fleeting second - that the outsider would come inside, like the perfect stranger? Have you ever been swept away as easily as autumn leaves? Have you settled for secret smiles, simply for the sake of being polite? Have you ever met the eyes of a man who holds abstruse wonder? Have you ever felt curiosity? It breaks your heart. But to imagine so freely, comes with the consequences of falling so easily - in love. Alas, with helplessness comes… wisdom. -So I walked away. 

© 2012 Adora.xo


Author's Note

Adora.xo
Let Me Know What You Think! ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
MIB
This is awesome... I love it, there is so much here I can relate to... I read this and could not stop from the moment I started, that's rare and wonderful... keep up the awesome work :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Haha you are a hopeless romantic no? Nice one it made me think and remember times I have done so! You need to write romance books ! I'm sure people would buy them I know I would

Posted 11 Years Ago


Life is luck and chance. Few times do we really open the door to love in a life. Sort of sad. Many kinds of love. I like the story and the thoughts create by your strong statements.
"Have you then, raised your head, but to meet the eyes of a stranger? Have you, so completely and accidently, looked into the eyes of a stranger and without consciousness, placed him into a fantasy?"
Life is chance. People who take few. Always wished they did more dancing and singing with the moon above. Thank you for the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a wonderful flow of thoughts. Beautifully written. I think I can say that I have.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow this beautiful. All the way through my thoughts were reflecting on my own memories of each individual subject. Excellent work. A powerful message as well. I enjoyed this very much.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Your mind is like a breeze of creativity flowing in an out of your writing. Very wonderfully written. Cheers

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great work. I love this. Very vivid.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Absolutely beautiful write and so true. Fools in love ! Putting love on a pedestal the poor guy just has to fall, sometimes better to walk away and not find out.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

396 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 30, 2012
Last Updated on June 2, 2012

Author

Adora.xo
Adora.xo

The One That's Non-Existant As Far As You're Concerned., British Columbia, Canada



About
So that you will hear me So that you will hear me my words sometimes grow thin as the tracks of the gulls on the beaches. Necklace, drunken bell for your hands smooth as grapes. And I wat.. more..

Writing
Saturday Saturday

A Poem by Adora.xo


Butterflies Butterflies

A Poem by Adora.xo



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


TAke a PeeK TAke a PeeK

A Poem by Muse


Dancing in the Snow Dancing in the Snow

A Chapter by Luna


Sacred Text Sacred Text

A Poem by Muse


Succubus Succubus

A Poem by Muse