Leah

Leah

A Story by Anya
"

Very very short story :)

"

I wound my hair around my fingers. Round and round and round until it could be wound no longer. Then I let it go with a sigh and let it uncoil. I felt the familiar hole threatening to engulf my stomach and eat me up again. I grabbed another twist of hair and began plaiting and stroking it. I concentrated on the lock of hair willing it wouldn’t happen but-

“LEAHHHHHH” I sprung to my feet and stared around, my breathing ragged. “HELP ME” The voice screamed. I started shaking and felt my knees begin to give way. Oh please no… help me… someone help me!

“Leah?” a soft spoken female nurse asked “what are you doing?” I gasped and shook, sweat running down my face as the voice continued to scream. People with no faces were rushing around me asking me what was wrong, what was happening? I moaned and clamped my hands over my ears…

“Oh god not again… please.” Tears were streaming down my face, I had lost all control of my trembling body.

“It’s not real, love” The same soft voice told me “Don’t worry now pet, it’s going to be all right”

“IT’S NOT” I pushed past her and ran up the stairs in front of me

“Leah… help me, please, I’m begging you…” the voice was crying out to me I needed to save it. I was hyperventilating as I took the stairs two at a time till I was at the very top of the massively tall hospital.

 “Leah, over here…” The voice was growing weaker, frailer. I walked in almost a trance like state to where the voice was coming from, the wind whipping my hair back.

 “Leah, help me…” I steadily walked towards the edge till my toes were just pointing over the ridge. I shuddered.

 “The only way to save me is to jump…” I grabbed a lock and wound it round my fingers

 “…and you want to save me, don’t you Leah?” Rain began pouring from the dark sky, flattening my hair against my skull.

“Jump” the voice crooned “go on Leah, jump” I took a deep breath and steadied myself. I was unusually calm.

“Jump” the voice commanded “NOW” and I launched myself into the night.

 

© 2009 Anya


Author's Note

Anya
I'm not sure how this is supposed to work its very short I know. I'm also only 13 and have spelling dyslexia but I've spell checked it a few times and I know the grammar isn't great :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yeah its good, there isnt too many mistakes.Here i'll help ya:
2nd line After longer put a full stop, then put a capital 'T' to Then.
3rd line 'plating' should be 'plaiting'
8th line 'soft female nurse' doesnt sound right. Maybe try 'the soft spoken female nurse'
3rd last line Change , to . after myself so it goes I took a deep breath and steadied myself.I was unusually calm.

Apart from that, its really really well told and the mystery of the voice is still unknown which is good. the touch of suspense you withold is also very good, and the whole theme to the story isnt even far fetched! Well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really liked it. It entertained me, even though it was very short, I enjoyed it. Keep it up,
Jade :]

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
(:
It's good. The voice, if you ask me, is inside her head. I really enjoyed this write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


That's okay. I find it fascinating. A wonderful mini suspense piece. I promise you, I stared at the computer with an intense stare as I read your tiny masterpiece!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Yeah its good, there isnt too many mistakes.Here i'll help ya:
2nd line After longer put a full stop, then put a capital 'T' to Then.
3rd line 'plating' should be 'plaiting'
8th line 'soft female nurse' doesnt sound right. Maybe try 'the soft spoken female nurse'
3rd last line Change , to . after myself so it goes I took a deep breath and steadied myself.I was unusually calm.

Apart from that, its really really well told and the mystery of the voice is still unknown which is good. the touch of suspense you withold is also very good, and the whole theme to the story isnt even far fetched! Well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2009
Last Updated on February 6, 2009

Author

Anya
Anya

The UK



About
Well.... My name's Anya... that's a start. I love spiders, heights and physics.... yeeeeeah, I don't really! I can't stand spiders or heights or..... I have a distinct passion against physics (don'.. more..

Writing
Andrew Andrew

A Story by Anya


Forever Never Forever Never

A Story by Anya



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..